microsoft word 2007 encarta dictionary all reference books

I have Microsoft Office 2007.  In Word, my research task pane is not working properly.  I can use the thesaurus but I cannot use Encarta Dictionary.  And when I hit "All Reference Books" it just sits there.  To the right of the "Search For" box the green arrow will turn into a red box with an O.  This has never happend before.  I write alot and it's driving me crazy because I use this every day.  I did a restore point date to my computer thinking that would help, it did not.  Frustrated and cannot find any information anywhere on the web, including Microsoft.com... maybe looking any the wrong place.  Any ideas?

Answer
Answer

Hi Doug, I want to thank you for taking the time to locate that information for me.  I tried it, but it didn't fix my problem.  I also tried un-ticking the Encarta dictionary from the list, but that didn't help either.  I did get an email directly from Microsoft that explains why it is not working.  I was very surprised, but relieved to know it was not my program.  Sad to say, but not even they know when it will get  fixed.  Here's the reply from Microsoft thought you might find it helpful also if you have a program prior to Word 2010.  

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Online Support Service. My name is Sukhdeepand I will be assisting you with Service Request XXXXXXXX. From the information provided in your email I understand the issue is you have difficulty in usingEncartaDictionary in Word 2007

We are aware of this issue, I am sorry to inform that the Encarta server is down. This is because Office 2010 is released and lot of Website changes are been made. Well there is no definite time till now, however when any update is done I would inform you.

In case you need clarification or further assistance, please email me and I will be glad to help. It is important for us to hear from you. Based upon your reply, I will update your service request.

If the issue is different, please write back to me with some more details to help me better understand the issue and further assist you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Note: To be sure your e-mail is added to your case notes, when you respond to this e-mail, click “Forward” and type XXXXXXXXXX in the “To” line with my email address in the “CC” line.  Also, place your SRX case number in the “Subject” line.  Please include your name, e-mail address and phone number in the body of the message.  I will contact you as soon as possible.  Our primary goal is to quickly resolve your issue to your satisfaction.

Thanks for using Microsoft Product Support Services!

Best Regards,

Sukhdeep

Technical Support Officer

Microsoft Office and Outlook Online Support

Microsoft Main Support Telephone Number:(800) 936-5700

Microsoft Main Support hours

Monday through Friday

5:00am - 9:00pm Pacific

Saturday & Sunday: week off

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2024 Views 5,016 Applies to: