Microsoft Teams Mac cannot connect to the internet.

My Microsoft Teams app frequently refuses to connect to the internet, while all other apps are connecting fine (wired network connection). Reboot fixes the issue for sometime. Then within the next few hours I see the same issue again. 

I cannot keep rebooting my computer all the time as I'm often in the middle of things and can't connect to my team and forced to reboot. This issue is heavily annoying, especially after switching over from Slack, which was working perfectly fine all the time.

To summarize:

1) Teams all of a sudden loses network connection, displaying error message: "Oh no ... we can't connect to the internet. Check your connection."

2) Restart of the app does not help (using the restart button displayed on Teams error screen) - the same error displayed after the restart.

3) I can't sign out and re-sign-in back, as the link to sign out on the error page does not work, same thing for the right mouse button click on the Teams icon and clicking Sign out.

Please advise on what workaround I can do to avoid rebooting computer when this happens and I'm looking forward for the fix of this issue.

Version info & error:

desktop-34b287f9-0d66-4271-8cac-20b3de300bbf
Error code - Request timeout
Failed to connect to settings endpoint
Answer
Answer

Thank you for the reply, Bryan.

All the listed URLs are open, firewall & antivirus are OFF. But again, it does work fine after reboot with the firewall & antivirus running ON.

I've uploaded wireshark traces captured for the period of time Teams had made yet another unsuccessful attempt to reconnect:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/**************

(removed some information in the screenshots by moderator to protect your privacy)

And also ran this through proxy to see what's going on - certainly no timed out TCP packets, did not check UDP - you'll find them in the wireshark traces under the link above.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I was running Pulse Secure VPN, but turning it off alone did not help either, but turning it OFF and clearing the folders as you described did help. Re-joining the VPN after launching Teams does work fine as well.

Thank you for the workaround!

Alexander

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2024 Views 8,703 Applies to: