Microsoft teams login issues

Hi,

I have just downloaded Microsoft teams and installed it onto my desktop so i can attend a virtual driver awareness course. I'm unable to sign into teams with my Microsoft login as it says i'm already signed up by my organisation! Which is strange as i have never used teams before so i don't know how this can be! I've also tried signing up for a new account and i get this message

(This looks like a school account. For you, we recommend the free Office 365 Education plan. You'll get Microsoft Teams and all the Office Online apps for free.) 

My Daughter has an Xbox which I'm the parent account on could this have any bearing on my problem?

Kind 

Regards

Answer
Answer

Hi Robert,

Your account is indeed “private” for you under sky.com, but the mail provider is registered as an educational organization on Microsoft, your account will be treated as a non-personal account for Microsoft.

And like you said that, even if you don't log in to Teams, you can visit the meeting anonymously as a guest through the shared link, which still requires the organizer to admit you.

To get fully functionality, you do need to log in with an account, whether it is a personal Microsoft account (sign up for Microsoft Teams free for personal use) or a work/school account (controlled by its organization). In your case, as I mentioned in my last reply, since your mail provider was registered as an educational organization, you can continue to use this account to self-sign up for a free Office 365 subscription so that you can log into Teams with this account.

Or you can use another personal account to sign up for Microsoft Teams free for personal use, you may need to make sure it's a personal account for Microsoft, no matter you use outllok.com/hotmail.com (provided by Microsoft) or other mail providers.

I can understand that some of these policies do impose a lot of restrictions on users, and these are also designed to strictly distinguish between personal accounts and business accounts to protect the privacy of users, please kindly let me know if you have any concerns about this, I’ll always try my best to help you in a way that makes it easier to understand.

Best Regards,

Arck

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 29, 2023 Views 2,393 Applies to: