Microsoft Teams - Java Script Error

Split from this thread.

I am having the same problem for Teams desktop client. I tried clearing all the files mentioned above and still not working.

I get the below error whenever I try to start teams client. 

It works fine in the teams browser.

Answer
Answer

Hi Sripathi,

Based on your description, your issue might be related to Microsoft Teams client, therefore, I recommend you check whether the version of it is latest, if not, please update it, since after newer product is released, certain error might occurs in previous product. Select your avatar > Check for updates.

In addition, from the error prompt, the cause might also be that the configuration files of Microsoft Teams are in wrong path, I recommend you can also try to reinstall Microsoft Teams from https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads (note the version, 32 bit or 64 bit) and select the default path, then check whether the issue disappears.

If the issue still exists, please offer me more information for further analysis.

1. Whether other members in your organization also have this issue.

2. Before the issue occurred, did you modify anything? Such as version updating.

3. Reproduce the issue and capture the fiddler log for further investigation, since the log is private, I will collect it in private message, please offer it to me there.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2023 Views 5,381 Applies to: