Microsoft teams - Can't add guests - we didn't find any matches

I can be short here:

Already busy on this issue for about few days and tried nearly anything to fix this, but no luck.

In https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/company-wide-settings/guest-configuration I activated "Allow guest access in Microsoft Teams" and saved it.

In Teams still that msg appears "we didn't find any matches" if I enter an 'outside organisation' emailaddress.

I digged into the web but no so called answers helped me. Also waited for hours till this feature becomes active (seems it can takes a while) but after a full day still can't add guests which is very frustrating as we have a meeting tomorrow... 

Tip: in https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home I can't add any guests and when I follow these instructions on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uikm3MSHgiw I can't toggle "Guest" to on in anyway.

Can someone help me - tx in advance

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Raey,

As you said you have enabled the Guest access in the Teams Admin Center, and you still cannot add guest to your team. First may I know when you add the external user as guest to your team, have you tried to enter the full email address of the external user when you add him as guest?  If not, please type the full email address when you add him as guest, thanks.

Moreover, sometimes the network traffic may cause this issue, so you can try to temporarily disable the guest access option from the Teams Admin Center, and wait for some time to re-enable it to see if the issue disappears. By the way, may I know if you are using Teams desktop app to add the guest? If the issue persists, please try to sign into the teams web app ( https://teams.microsoft.com/ ) and see if you could add guest there, thanks.

On another hand, as far as I know, the guest who was added to another team must be a valid user, may I know if the guest you want to add is a valid user of another office 365 tenant? Or some other type email account? Please try to change another email account outside your organization to see if you have the same issue.

If all the suggestions above don’t work, I’d like to collect some more information for the further investigation:

1.       Please take a full screenshot about how you set up the guest access in the admin center.

2.       Please take a screenshot about the error message you received when you added the guest.

Regards,

Oliver

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Oliver - tx for the quick reply.

Yesterday night I disabled guest acces option and this morning enabled it again.. 4h later still can't add a guest nowhere (not via desktop app, web app nor on mobile). Also tried to add several emailaddresses in or outside the organisation - no luck.

Here some screenshots - just wondering why I can't enable/disable this guest feature in third screenshot...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem - E3 license, all our own o365 users works, but not able to add guests.

Have tried reenabling Guest acces without succes

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

+1 in France.

Impossible to activate the Teams license for Guest

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Francois,

With your issue if you go the new admin centre for Teams and Skype you should be able to change it there. Having said that, like the OP, I can't get it to work either.

Kind regards,

Matt

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Francois,

With your issue if you go the new admin centre for Teams and Skype you should be able to change it there. Having said that, like the OP, I can't get it to work either.

Kind regards,

Matt

Matt,

I can enable it in the new admin center.. but still can't add guests in Teams... seems to be a huge bug...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

+1

I can authorize the Guest Access in the admin center and PowerShell too.

The guest access works fine with the associated groups (SharePoint, Exchange etc...) but not with Teams.

With no Teams license to the guest user = no access to teams

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Francois,

I confirm the same issue - although in my organisation admin centre I have three options: Business/Guest/Other. I can turn it on for Other (but have no idea what accounts that applies to).

I've also managed to get guest accounts working on Teams in my organisation but not in a test trial account. The issue I'm having is that I can't get the guest user to appear in Shifts (the Teams App).

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For me, the guest user appears in teams.

Via Azure AD Portal, I sent a guest invitation and add the guest user in the AAD Group associated to the teams.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, I'll try this in my lab environment

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2021 Views 44,630 Applies to: