Microsoft Teams and Office 365 Home

hi

I currently have office 365 home which we have 2 users on our account.  I want to install microsoft teams for a short term monthly basis and retain my existing Office 365 home personal subscription, if I understand correctly to do this I must create a Business Essentials account.  This is only a temporary measure for 1-2 months, I therefore do not want the expense of an annual or monthly business subscription which replaces my office 365 home account.  If this is correct, can I create two separate accounts one a home a/c and one a business a/c?

Thanks

Michael

|
Answer
Answer

Hi michaekhudson9,

Thank you for your message in this forum.

According to your description, it seems that you want to install Microsoft Teams for a short time, at the same time, you also want to retain your Office 365 Home subscription. You just want to use Teams 1-2 months , so you don’t want to the expense of an annual or monthly business subscription.

If my understanding is right, at the first, we want to explain that to you: Office 365 Home account and Office 365 business account are different accounts, you can create a Office 365 Home account and Office 365 Business account.

At the same time, if you just want to use Teams for calls and chat, you can also use Skype, you can use Skype for free calls and chat, since you mentioned that you are using Office 365 Home subscription, you can download Skype and install it directly, as shown below:

In the meantime, if you just want to use Teams, since you mentioned that you just want to use 1-2months, we’d give you suggestions below:

1. You can Try free for 1 month for Office 365 Business Premium, in this situation, you can use Teams for 1 month for free. You don’t need to pay for it. For more details, you can refer to this article: Get the most from Office with Office 365
  2. You can also purchase Office 365 Business Essentials with monthly commitment, and if you doesn’t want to continue to pay for it, you can go to Office 365 admin > Billing and you can stop paying it.

And if the scenario above is not consistent with yours, could you provide more details about your requirement?

Best Regards,

Sukie

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2021 Views 1,795 Applies to: