Microsoft Teams always appears Poor network connection

I cannot hear clear and usually appears poor network connection and there is cutting in voice cannot hear clear any idea how to solve it 

Note i need to know if i need to present my desktop with teams, what is the upload and download required for teams 

I don't think it is internet connection as i tried from leased line 30 M alone and data 21 M ( 4G ) and from 3G 

same issue 

any advice how to know whats going on?

Thank you 

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Michael,

From your description, you cannot hear clear in Teams call/meeting and get a poor network connection in Teams desktop client. For this issue, to confirm if it's a client issue, you can login Teams web version to check if the issue persists. If the issue doesn't recur in web, then you can follow the steps below to check if it helps.

1. Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.

2. Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.

3. Once in the directory, please remove all files and restart Teams to check if the issue persists. To avoid data loss, you can just move the files to desktop.

Besides, to my knowledge, if you use Teams to make a peer-to-peer video call, the ideal bandwidth is 4 Mbps. For your reference, see the article Prepare your network for upgrading to Teams. Also, you can use Network Assessment Tool introduced in the article to help you evaluate your network environment. 

For the further analysis, may I know what's the behavior of "Teams appears poor network connection"? Did you receive any error message/prompt? If so, please capture a screenshot for us.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 16, 2021 Views 26,125 Applies to: