Microsoft PowerPoint Presenter View while recording

I can not get presenter view to operate while attempting to record a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation (Microsoft Office 365 current version of PowerPoint) build 10730.20280

I get a different view that does not have notes or next slide available for view.  (you can use a drop down for notes which is too small to be of any value,  increase the font so you can read it and all you see is one line, decrease the font and now you can not read it)  All of this makes the record feature virtually useless.

Hi PStom,

According to my test on two monitors, when I click record slide show, I get following window:

I can click top NOTES to view the notes on each slide and click the arrows to go to next slide or previous slide.

The difference is that I cannot view the next slide like presenter view when I do the slide record.

Is it your scenario? If not, please let me know.

If it is just your scenario, I would like to suggest you leave a comment to PowerPoint UserVoice to let the product team know that.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Gloria

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You get the same thing I get.  It is not Presenter View.  This recording view is absolutely useless.  I want the recording functions to work in Presenter View.  Presenter View is what I am accustom to when giving a PowerPoint Presentation.  It is what I use in all my live audience presentations and works pretty well, plus I am accustom to it.  Now they throw this new recording view at us and it does not provide anything that looks similar to what we are use to.  I depend upon seeing notes and the next slide.  In notes I want to see all the notes at once, not just a single line, like it is in Presenter View.  I am trying to record the presentation so that individuals who are unable to make the live presentation will have access to the educational experience.  We have also wanted to experiment with recording presentations to review for self improvement.  This just does not work.  

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Agree totally!

You can vote to change it back to how it should be here:

www.pptalchemy.co.uk

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PStom,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can understand. It is not convenient since users cannot see the next slide and the notes when they do the recording.

Can you accept to record the screen? I think it may meet your need.

Recording tab> Screen Recording> Select the area you want to record, you can select the whole screen> Make sure the Audio is selected> Click Record to begin> Press Windows + Shift + Q to end the record> It will generate a video in the slide, you can save it.

Best Regards,

Gloria

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Technologically I can understand your concept of recording per slide, however, that is not how it works in the real world.  A presentation is a logical, orchestrated process through a deck of slides.  This deck creates flow throughout the presentation.  The slides are not independent pieces so much as they are a part of this deck.  I find it challenging enough to have to remember that I can not talk during slide progressions to accommodate the way Microsoft records.  In the real world, it is a continual flow.  You do not break the narrative to advance a slide.

Once a slide deck is created, yes you can add and subtract slides, but in doing so it changes the narrative also.  You do not create a presentation by selecting slides with narratives attached, put them together, and have the presentation.  It is a process.  You determine your goals and objectives of the presentation.  You assemble a slide deck to support those goals and objectives.  You add, subtract, and create to that slide deck to accommodate the time slot you have available.  Finally, you write the narrative to make it all flow together and placing appropriate emphasis on the original goals and objectives.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PStom,

Thanks for your reply.

To use Screen Recording and presenter view together, it is not to record per slides.

You can set the area and audio of screen recording first and go into presenter view to start the recording.

Do I misunderstand your situation? It works from my side.

Best Regards,

Gloria

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are missing the point.

Presenter View and Recording View are different.

That is the problem.

I want to be able to record out of Presenter View.  I do not want to use Recording View.

Tom

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PStom,

Thanks for your reply.

If the workaround doesn't work for you, sorry for that, please leave the detailed requirement to the UserVoice.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2023 Views 9,433 Applies to: