Microsoft Office Update for Mac Fast Insider Version 16.30

Hi. I keep having an ongoing issue that when I try to update the latest version for Fast Insider 16.30. (I keep on having the problem.) Each time I run, I get the following message:

One or more update packages could not be downloaded. Please try again.

These applications were not updated:

PowerPoint

Word

Outlook

OneNote

Edge

Excel

This is a continuous issue that I have had for months. My laptop info is:

Model Name: MacBook Air

Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: 188.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.27f2

Serial Number (system): Left Blank for security reasons

Hardware UUID: Left Blank for security reasons

I have sent multiple inquiries about this issue for several releases, and it is only occurring on this laptop. I have another Mac that installs correctly. I haven't received a clear enough answer to this ongoing dilemma. I have followed the instructions for removing the applications and reinstalling them. In frustration, I contacted Apple to see if they had a resolution. Apple's response was: I am posting the email response.

Apple Support Communities

AzSaikh has posted in the Software Update community. Office 365 update error the issue might be with one of the updates the only way to pass this is to manually download and install updates visit Microsoft page and search for the update. Download the update file and install. That should fix your problem.

Finally, my questions are:

1. Is there a link to the latest Office 365 insider at this time it is 16.30 for each Office Product as suggested above?

2. I know this is an ongoing issue for a lot of individuals because I scour through your answers, and for the past few months, they have been the same.

3. I don't want to return to slow insider. I like being a fast insider individual. Will you resolve this for me?

Thanks in advance,

Kent Barnett

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Kent,

The only way to get insider fast builds is via AutoUpdate. The builds are not released with installers.

The first thing I would try is to install a new build of AutoUpdate. This has worked to fix this issue sometimes, but not always:

Boot to safe mode by holding the Shirt key down as you restart your Mac. Then, download, install and then run the latest version of AutoUpdate to update Office. If all goes well, do a regular restart.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=830196

Be sure to include the version number and OS version when asking your question.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep, nope. That is posted in someone else’s post from about a year ago. 

Again, this is consistently happening. The only time I get it to work is when I have to remove everything related to Office 365 when it’s in Insider Slow and Insider Fast. The resolution is no resolution. I respect and appreciate the help, but, this issue is ongoing to myself and others. Although it, the problem, maybe a covert way to use Apple Office or Google Office, both viable but not what I use for work.

Is there another solution that doesn’t cause me to rip my hair out? I like being an Office FAST and or SLOW insider. 

Please don’s ask for me to do a SAFE mode, this didn’t and has not worked in the past. 

There’s got to be a long-term solution. This has been going on for at least 3 iterations of fast insider.

Thanks,

Kent Barnett

Kent Barnett

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

There's something different about your Mac. Perhaps we can figure it out, but in the meantime, please be sure to report the misbehavior within the Insider build using the Smile button in the apps. These reports send metrics to Microsoft from Insider Fast builds and they might help the team troubleshoot this issue.

If you are able to, can you connect to a different internet provider and see if you have the same problem?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you let us know what version and build of AutoUpdate it shows that you have installed? Also, are you connecting to the internet through a VPN when you're trying to update? If so, does the same happen if you aren't connected via VPN?

-Jesse

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The latest version of the auto-update. I have been a developer for Apple for years. It isn't a VPN or any other network-related issue. I am a network engineer. Assume that the issue is a development-related one, there are a number of these requests from other users. It is a hardware related issue or a software-related issue.

I have wasted a LOT of time trying to get one of three machines (all Apple from Macbook Air: the problem child, Macbook Pro: No issues and a MacBook again no issues.) I have followed each of the suggested remedies. The one that worked was deleting all traces of Office. It worked once, this was three releases ago. I have checked my account. No issues. 

Why is this a problem for me? My business life relies especially on this machine. I use it for all my business needs. 

Let me know how I can help. Assume that you are not dealing with a novice, I took it to the Apple Bar and they explained like Apple support explained it's a Microsoft issue. It's not hardware, software including Malware, etc or Network. This is a specific problem that a few people are experiencing. Is there a link to a new version of the auto-update?

Thanks, and please forgive the terseness of the message. I have sent at least five requests with the same remedies and no solution.

Kent Barnett

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The latest build of MAU can be found on the Update History page.

We are not aware of any ongoing issue that would be causing this. We have seen similar issues in the past, however the most recent one was resolved via an update. We would also expect to be seeing additional reports from users experiencing the same behavior of that issue recurred, and so far we are not. 

Additional information that may be helpful in further troubleshooting:

1. What version and build of Office do you currently have installed. We need the full version and build number, which can be found under the Word > About Word or equivalent menu in any Office app. We are looking for the 16.xx (xxxxxx) number.
  2. What version of MacOS do you currently have installed on the effected machine?

-Jesse

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jesse,

The answers are:

1. Office Version 16.27 (19071500)
  2. Mac Version 10.14.5(180103)

I hope this helps finds a solution. Again, it is only occurring on this specific machine. I can send over the report if you think it will help.

Thanks in advance.

Kent

Kent Barnett

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Lets try this. First, in any Office app go to Help > Check for Updates. Then switch your preferred update channel to Insider Slow. Run the updater. If that successfully updates to the latest Insider Slow build, restart your machine, then repeat the process and select Insider Fast and try to update again.

-Jesse

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Jesse,

I just did this (again.) Doesn't even get past Slow Insider, it bombs out the same way with the same error.

Thanks

Kent

Kent Barnett

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Did you try either of these?

1. Run Disk Utility to verify the startup volue

2. Make a new Mac OS X user account and try updating from the new account

Have you checked the name of the startup volume to make sure it has no prohibited characters? (Slashes in particular cause all sorts of problems)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 864 Applies to: