Microsoft Office Document Imaging is MS Office Standard 2007

I tried to activy MS Office document imaging in MS Office Standard 2007, but it looks like it is not available.

questions:

- do I have to install it again from CD, or

- how do I get it ?

Thanks & regards,

Eddy

Hi Eddy,

Let us try to resolve your issue regarding Microsoft Office Document Imaging program that is included in the 2007 Office programs.

To resolve this issue, install the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. In the Currently installed programs list, click the 2007 Office version that you have installed.
  3. Click Change.
  4. Click Add or Remove features, and then click Continue.
  5. Expand Office Tools.
  6. Click Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and then click Run all from My Computer.
  7. Click Continue.

Let us know how it goes.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Eddy,

Your options indicate that document imaging should be installed on first use.  What happened when you tried to use it?

Incidentally, Office document imaging is so bound up with scanning & OCR that I would expect you to need that subsection selected as well.  But there is no need to deliberately set them to install on first use when you know you want them so, as Roberto also suggested, just select the lot to install.

Denis

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roberto, Hi Denis,

Thanks for your advice.

I did the installation a few times and got the following message:

It just doesn't work.

May be you have other solution?

Thanks & regards,

Eddy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Eddy,

You are inserting the CD to do this rather than just running it from Control panel?  That is essential.  Just start the installation on the CD [setup.exe] as if you were doing it for the first time - it will recognise which components are already installed and just let you alter the bits you want.

If the problem persists then Office diagnostics might help [Excel / Word, Options, Resources] but I have never had an installation problem with Office 2007 so I cannot be of much help.

I installed document imaging last year just to find out what its OCR element was like.  It was able to extract text from some scanned documents but lost all formatting including document layout so I binned it & returned to OmniPage. 

Denis

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Denis,

Thanks.

This time I inserted the installation and followed the instruction. The installation run, but at the end somehow the installation was not done correctly. I tried to use the MS Document Imaging, but received this error:

I reinstalled it:

- from control panel. It still didn't work

- again using the CD. It also didn't work.

I run the MS Diagnostics, but received the error that the page can't be found

How to fix the problem?

Thanks & regards,

Eddy.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Eddy,

I don't know what the problem is. 

Your MS Diagnostics error looks like the one that you get at the end after Diagnostics has run if you click on a link for more info [or poss, more tests - I cannot find a screenshot to be sure].  MS no longer provide that online link but Diagnostics themselves still run.

Just to bowl out any red herrings, I suggest you run a conventional scan using your Epson software to make sure that the problem is not caused by some problem communicating with the scanner.

Your best bet would now seem to be searching the whole of the Office 2007 forum for Document imaging.  That's not as straightforward as it used to be so the search results do include posts about later Office versions.

Denis

Try*3 - a user

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Denis,

thanks.

I also tried to run the MS Office Doc Imaging with CanoScan Lide 90, but got the same result.

I did the following:

-  repair

- change/remove

with CD and also from control panel, the same error.

I would like to remove / uninstall it and later reinstall it, but not sure how to do it remove / uninstall.

May be you can tell me how?

Thanks& regards,

Eddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Eddy,

Did you also run a conventional scan using your Epson software to make sure that the problem is not caused by some problem communicating with the scanner?

In Control panel, right-click & select Change then Add or remove features.  Clear those document imaging selections that you set earlier the tell it to install [so you see the  marker on them all].

I think running this from the CD will also give you the Add or remove features option.

By the way, why did you want to try document imaging?  Was it just out of curiosity?

Denis

Try*3 - a user

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Denis,

thanks.

I run conventional scans using CanoScan Lide 90 & Epson L550. No problem at all.

I just removed and install it again with MS Office 2007 CD, but still got the same error.

The reason I wanted to install the Doc Imaging is to edit some files, which are not editable. Typing it again would be a waste of time.

thanks & regards,

Eddy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 4, 2024 Views 4,786 Applies to: