Microsoft Office Apps only open when "run as administrator" is used,

Hello,

since some days I got an big issue when it comes to office.

I updated my windows like a week ago everything was going alright, but when I tried to use microsoft word some daays ago nothing happened.

I clicked on the Icon and nothing happened. I also went to the directory and tried to start the win exe but nothing.

Only when I rightclick the Icon and choose "run as administrator" the programm executes and opens normally. Also when I use compatibility options or use the microsoft sara tool nothing changed. I tried all fixes I saw so far.

I uninstalled the office, cleared all files, and reinstalled. Still the issue consists.

Here are information about my system:

Windows 10 Pro

21H2

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

I use 365 family if this makes any difference.

Answer
Answer

I suddenly began having this issue and tried all of the suggested options provided. I then found a post that suggested a link to CC Cleaner (which I had installed and use from time to time). I had just done a clean Office 365 uninstall / reinstall via the special repair tool from MS and it wasn't until I uninstalled CC Cleaner that suddenly all was back to normal. Just adding this to the post in case anyone else has CC Cleaner and this issue.

184 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Had similar problem with Foxit Reader. Comment on CC clued me into checking CC. Open CC go to Performance Optimizer then click on Sleeping Programs. Check whether your software is listed under Sleeping Programs. If it is click on Wake Up. After I did that had no problem opening pdf file from Windows Explorers with Foxit Reader. Hope this works for you. CC has some interesting tools and capacities but can be aggravating at times.

178 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2024 Views 12,611 Applies to: