Microsoft is coming on my computer saying that my computer is locked what can I do to get back on my computer

[Edited to remove telephone number]

Microsoft has came up on my computer screen and is saying my computer is locked up what can I do to get back on my computer, and it’s asking me to call this number *-***-***-****

Answer
Answer

Do not call that number.

That's a fake so-called Tech Support scam alert/warning which you are seeing in your browser.

"Remember that real error messages from Microsoft, or other big tech companies, never include phone numbers for you to call them.

If your screen suddenly fills with scary pop-ups you should immediately close your browser (try pressing ALT+F4 if you can't do it with your mouse). If you can’t close your browser try restarting your computer."

Also see the other possibilities to get out of such fake browser warnings listed in this reply: Thread "Blocked computer" page 1: _AW_'s reply on January 21, 2023

Suggest reading:

To prevent even seeing such fake alerts, use a good content/ad-blocker such as free uBlock Origin.

218 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

That novel being said how do I proceed from this point forward ? RGF

ronald faler

These are scams. Recognize that they are scams and ignore them. You can't prevent these from popping up occasionally when you access a malicious or compromised website.

Don

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 30,554 Applies to: