Microsoft Bookings - Let customers manager their appointment not working

Hi

We have numerous services setup in Bookings that we have disabled customers managing their appointment when booked by you or your staff on their behalf (see screenshot below). However, customers are still getting the option to manage their appointment which we do not want to happen. This has only started happening recently

Dear James Byrne,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you said that customers are still getting the option to manage their appointment and you want to restrict them to do so. Before moving forward, we need more detailed information about the situation you are experiencing.

Kindly share with us the information below:

1. Have you tried it by deactivating the Default scheduling options?

2. Have you tried redoing the previous settings to see if it works?

3. Based on your screenshot, it appears that the toggle is in the off position, as you want; how did it appear previously?

As far as I know, your customer may always change their booking after receiving the confirmation email. That email contains a link to a website where they may create a new booking, reschedule, or cancel it.

For more, refer to:

We look forward to your response. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

***Note: In the event that you're unable to reply to this thread, please ensure that your Email address is verified in the Community Website by clicking on Your Account Name > "My Profile" > "Edit Profile" > Add your Email Address > tick "Receive email notifications" checkbox > click on "Save".***

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for getting back to me De Paul

Ref your questions, yes on all fronts. We have done all of those 3 things and customers are still getting the choice to edit their appointment when we have booked it on their behalf.

This functionality is required for us and definitely worked up until fairly recently - I cannot tell you exactly when users started getting option to edit appointments but it only started happening within the last couple of weeks so am not sure what changed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Further to the above, it seems that all bookings on the calendar now have the button next to 'Let customers manage their appointment' ticked for every appointment, even when we have turned this off as per the screenshot in my original post. We cannot go into each appointment and untick the box above after bookings so need to product to pick this up from the original setting in services and not default to allowing customers to manage it

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 864 Applies to: