Microsoft Authenticator Reset

Hello,

I have recently changed phones and also phone number. My authenticator app was hooked up to my old phone and old number, now I cannot log into my account and change security settings to move the authenticator to my new phone. I have tried using my recovery email, but that just tells me I cant move further with the request. Is there anyway to reset the authenticator app.

Hello Kian, Thanks for posting the query here in this forum. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble logging into your Microsoft account and changing your security settings. To replacing your security information that you use for verification: Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/security page with your Microsoft account. Select Advanced security options. You may be asked to enter a verification code to continue. If you don't have access to your alternate email or phone number, choose I don't have any of these and follow the instructions to replace your security info. You'll see your security info under Security settings. Choose Remove for any you want to remove. You may be asked to add new security info before you can remove the old info. Please refer to: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/bf2505ca-cae5-c5b4-77d1-69d3343a5452 N B: If you do need to replace your security info, make sure you add new info first. If you request the removal of all security info in your account, the info doesn’t actually change for 30 days. During this time, we cannot accept further changes or additions to security settings or billing info. Your account is still open and active, and you can still use your email, Skype, OneDrive, and devices as usual. We’ll let you know when it's time to enter new security info. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Give back to the Community. Help the next person with this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Best regards, Oluwatosin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My issue is I can't get into my account because I am locked out of two-factor. My old number has changed and I dont have access to it. I cannot log into the security dashboard because I need 2 verifications methods. The authenticator is out and the old number is out. My recovery email isn't enough to get me in. Is there a way I can verify my identity otherwise

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I have a business account and because the authenticator app doesn't display a code and the login won't allow me to select any other options to access the account I am unable to reach support using any online process, I sat on hold for 2 hours and gave up as nobody answered the phone, why is it so difficult to get help from such a large organisations Microsoft, something so simple as gaining access using systems you put in place have failed and there seems to be no way to contact you other than using an old personal login, which I am hoping will prompt a reponse form someone who can help.

To update I have already tried to remove the Azure account and reset the app, update the app.

Whenever I try to login it asks to use the authenticator app, and if I click I am not able to do that right now it takes me bake to generate a code or use authenticator app, which doesn't work, the merry-go-round continues.....

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Kian, Thank you for the update. I would like to know if the locked account is a personal account or work or school account. Refer to the article for more details: https://support.microsoft.com/office/what-s-the-difference-between-microsoft-365-plans-for-home-or-business-31c36a5d-a13d-4b7d-9b1f-2076accbeeab For personal account: Go to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2204804 to replace the security info. Since you don't have access to your alternate phone number and authenticator, choose I don't have any of these and follow the instructions to replace your security info. For Work or School account, kindly contact the organization IT team to revoke MFA and require re-registering. See article: https://learn.microsoft.com/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-userdevicesettings#manage-user-authentication-options  I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Oluwatosin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tim_869, I am sorry about the experience. Since the affected account is a Work or School account, kindly contact your organization's admin to revoke MFA and require re-registering. If you are an admin, inform another admin in the organization to revoke MFA and require re-registering. Follow the steps in the article: https://learn.microsoft.com/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-userdevicesettings#manage-user-authentication-options Once done, sign in using an in-private browser to set up the authentication method. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Oluwatosin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the quick reply, I am the only user on the account as we are a small business so the fact I am unable to login using the authenticator app to oprvaide a code makes everything impossible, os need help from Microsoft to reset the account or advise how I can get the app to generate a code so I can login and make any changes.

Kind regards

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 3,545 Applies to: