Microsoft Authenticator Identification Verification Request Keeps Getting Denied

I have linked my account with my organization to Microsoft Authenicator and I've been working with that for a while now but recently, Microsoft keeps telling me to install Authenticator and keeps me from accessing work. I thought it was glitch and reinstalled the app but it's the same.

After adding account and scanning QR code, a number is sent for me to approve by entering on my device. After entering the number, I received a notification that access is denied.

Please I need help with this

|

Hi Moyo Akintola

Greetings!

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community!

For your concerned issue regarding "Microsoft Authenticator identification verification request keeps getting denied", we apologize for the inconvenience and inconvenience caused to your work.

First of all, could you let us know if you're using an Office 365 for business/education account or a personal Microsoft account that ends with outlook.com/hotmail.com?

If you are using a business/education account, kindly try the following steps:

1. First, take a look at the following article to see if you can properly configure the Microsoft Authenticator app:
    Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app as your verification method - Microsoft Support
    If you've enabled cloud 
    backup before, check out this document: Back up and recover account credentials in the Authenticator app - Microsoft Support, you can also use it to recover your account.

1. If the issue persists and you need more help signing in to the Authenticator app, you may need to contact your organization's administrator to reset your account's authentication method under "Manage MFA authentication methods."

If you're the only admin, since we're on the community team and aren't authorized to reset any user or admin accounts, in this situation, we recommend that you find Microsoft 365 for business support phone numbers by country or region.

If you are using a personal account, please understand that our group offers support on M365 business/education account issues. Feel free to reply to us so that we can engage the specific personal account team for professional support.  

Meanwhile, since your issue is about Authentication App, to help you better and not waste more time, I sincerely suggest you post in Authentication App Community, a delicate Team which focus on issues and consult about Authentication App.

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Connery You

*Beware of scammers posting fake support Numbers here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 51 Applies to: