Microsoft 365 Family -sharing data between husband and wife.

Hi there, I am looking at subscribing to Microsoft 365 Family to provide a safe platform for our family of four, each with their own 365 Area/@outlook.com email/App Access etc . I can see the benefits of storing all the information/data on running the Family Household, Education, Holidays etc. safely in 365 Cloud, but I can also see that both my wife and myself would want to access the data in one location. We all have 1TB of data space, can I grant access to my wife to the data stored under my 1TB space and place the Family Household, Education, Holidays etc. there , if not is there a workaround to allow us share data? Many thanks!

Hello Criostoir O, Welcome to Microsoft Community. I am a Microsoft user just like you, I hope you are doing well? With Microsoft 365 Family subscription, you can share your subscription with up to five other people and each person will get 1TB OneDrive storage. Every member's file is secured and cannot be accessed by other members unless the file/folder is shared. You cannot merge OneDrive with your wife's account. The only way is if you and your wife have the same Microsoft account otherwise you will need to share the files or folders. https://support.microsoft.com/office/9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07 Please let me know if you need more assistance. Give back to the Community, Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Warm Regards

Raymond K
Understand that I do not have access to any user's account.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Criostoir, to add to Raymond's post above. I assume that you are talking about each of your Family members having their own computers? Note: with Microsoft 365 you can install Office on all your devices. See: How sign in works in Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Support See also here re Share your Microsoft 365 Family subscription - Microsoft Support Note each family member MUST use their own Microsoft Account: Learn more about sharing your Microsoft 365 Family subscription - Microsoft Support

Please also note that you and your wife can have your own account on a the same computer. Of course you could have one computer using one Microsoft Account that both you and your wife could use with a single share of Microsoft 365 (whether Family or Personal version). Please come back for further clarification or assistance. It can be a bit complicated until you get your head around it. It is not all that easy to explain it either. Raymond or I will be pleased to assist.

Microsoft Office Professional 2021
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
Microsoft Office Professional 2003
Windows 10 Professional
HP ProBook 470 G4

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Raymond,

Many thanks for taking time out to share your knowledge, that will work perfectly, I was unaware that I could share files from my One Drive to my wife’s One Drive. All the best for now.

Criostóir  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for this feedback.

Raymond K
Understand that I do not have access to any user's account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ron,

Many thanks for taking time out to help! All four of us will access Microsoft 365 Family from separate devices, it will be great to set up the kids with access to 365 and for them to have secure storage in the cloud as they start out in life. From my perspective, as a self employed person, Microsoft 365 Family will help me to remove personal data and emails from my work environment (currently 95% of my data/traffic). Perhaps you could help me with the following when you have time ... Am I correct in assuming that I can have a sub-folder in my Work Outlook 365 environment, where I can see personal emails, if not can I set up a notification in my personal Outlook 365 to send a notification to my work email saying I have received a personal email?

Thanks again. Criostoir

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Regarding your question, it is possible to have a sub-folder in your work Outlook 365 environment where you can see personal emails. However, please note that it is important to follow your company's policies and guidelines regarding the use of work email for personal purposes.

As for setting up a notification in your personal Outlook 365 to send a notification to your work email saying you have received a personal email, this is not a feature that is currently available in Outlook 365. However, you can set up email forwarding from your personal email account to your work email account so that you receive notifications when you receive a personal email. To do this, you can follow the steps outlined in this article: Turn on automatic forwarding in Outlook - Microsoft Support . I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. I do not have Microsoft 365 so I am not sure about giving you directions.

Hang about! See: Use rules to automatically forward messages - Microsoft Support

Also, if you search Google for 'automatically forward email messages videos' there are plenty of them. This was the first one and it seems ok. Let us know how you get on. Cheers.

Outlook - How to Setup AUTOMATIC FORWARDING (for Specific or All Emails) - YouTube

Microsoft Office Professional 2021
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
Microsoft Office Professional 2003
Windows 10 Professional
HP ProBook 470 G4

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2024 Views 417 Applies to: