Microsoft 365 Business Premium - Role required to raise service tickets and support requests

What Role is required to raise service tickets and support requests for package - Microsoft 365 Business Premium -

It should cover all products available in this package including exchange online , Intune , Teams and other products .

Thanks

|

Dear Balaraju Cheluvappa,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

To raise service tickets and support requests for Microsoft 365 Business Premium, you need to have an admin role in your organization's Microsoft 365 account. Specifically, you need to have the Global admin or the Billing admin role to raise support requests for all products available in this package, including Exchange Online, Intune, Teams, and other products.

If you do not have these roles, you can ask your organization's admin to grant you the necessary permissions.

For more information, please refer to: About admin roles in the Microsoft 365 admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.

I hope the information helps! If there is any update or I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know. I will continue to assist you. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks ,

I had read that ' Service Support admin ' role also allows you to create tickets , I have this role and able to create tickets in Entra ID but not other products of Microsoft 365 Business Premium . Above link which you have given also confirms that .

Please help and clarify .

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your update! Please forgive my delayed reply becausd of weekend off and taking leave.

Based on your information, I did some reaserach further on the admin roles:

Service Support Administrator

Users with this role can create and manage support requests with Microsoft for Azure and Microsoft 365 services, and view the service dashboard and message center in the Azure portal and Microsoft 365 admin center. For more information, see About admin roles in the Microsoft 365 admin center.

Note

This role was previously named Service Administrator in the Azure portal and Microsoft 365 admin center. It was renamed to Service Support Administrator to align with the existing name in the Microsoft Graph API and Azure AD PowerShell.

Since we mostly use Global admin and billing admin to open tickets, I missed the Service Support Administrator. sorry for that. From the information we found, the Service Support Administrator should be able to open a ticket.

As you mentioned that you could not create the tickets, would you please let me know the details about how did you create the ticket and whether you got any error message? Would you pllease share me some screenshots so that I can do some test accordingly and invedtigate the issue further?

Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

Thanks for your message

Its working now , I got the role and I tried immediately , it was working for one portal but not for others , but after few hours it worked on all portals , so looks it just took time to propagate .

Thanks

Balaraju C

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. It takes time to replicate in the system when permission/role is assigned in Microsoft365, sometimes it would up to 72 hours. Same for mailbox creation, DNS cofiguration and other configurations. So, if you do any configruation as admin the future, kindly wait for some period to let the changes replicate.

At the same time, if you think the information I provided can be somehoe useful, would you please vote for my reply, so that others who have the same query would get benefit from it. Thanks in advance!

Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply , I would say it would be good if there is a web page which can tell in detail about time duration for various tasks as 72 hours is very long for some critical admin tasks . So some page lists all key admin tasks and gives a estimate how much it can take , it will help .

Like things like disabling an account or device should work instantly and it works instantly we have seen . So- given the type of admin tasks vary by wide margin , a general assumption can be risky to take , so at a minimum in the documentation page you can club some tasks as taking few minutes , some more like that and give corresponding time expectation of completion . So saying all admin tasks can take upto 72 hours can mislead people .

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your update! I can understand your point and I'm agree that there should be a stable replication time for some critical admin tasks.Since I think your idea is really constructive. I will report this to Microsoft.

Meanwhile, I sincerely suggest you post this precious suggestion to Microsoft. Microsoft will update their product based on customers' suggestions. Believe your suggestion will help many other people in the future. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

Here is our official URL to submit your suggestion:Exchange Online · Community (microsoft.com). (Since currently there is not a specific category for Admin tasks, you may post in Exchange Online instead, the product team would check and consider adding the feature. I have submit feedback to ask for an Admin-specific tag, hope the product team can make the improvement in the near future.)

After submitting the feedback, will you please share me the feedback link, I will ask my team to help vote for it. Through this, our support engineers will be able to collate data and supporting details regarding this and might consider adding the feature as a good ground for future updates.

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 40 Applies to: