Microsoft 365 account

Is there a way to hide my account information in the bar at the top of the Word screen? I often share my screen when helping students and I don't want any personal contact info to be on the screen. I have tried signing out of my account, but I am not able to use word without signing in.
Answer
Answer

Hi champtonHI,

Thank you for posting your question in this community.

If you would like to change the account display information in Office title bar. With the built-in feature of Office apps is not supported, I am afraid.

I am not sure whether  you are using  Windows or  Mac platform. But if you are using Microsoft 365 apps on Windows platform here is a trick you can try to edit Registry keys of your Office account in Registry Editor.

1: Close all Office apps and open Registry Editor

2: Go to the following path and find your account identities

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Identities\

3: Change the value of the keys “FriendlyName” and “EmailAddress”to whatever you like.

For example: Here is change to Test user for FriendlyName and Testemail@email.com for Email addreses.

4: Restart your computer and launch Office apps to check the result. The name and your email address should be changed to the value you entered in Registry Editor.

Please take note that if you sign out and sign in with your account in Office apps, the account display information will be changed back. You need to change the value in Registry Editor again manually.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Edit at your own risk.

Note: You may back up your registry before you modify

For your information:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Best regards,

Dihao

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 88 Applies to: