Microphone not working using Skype for Business app on MacOS Catalina

Hi,

I have the foloweing issue. During the call or grup call the microphone is not working.

Skype for Business app is not appeared in the microphone privicy settings so I can’t give permission for this. But the app appears under camera and screen recording privacy settings.

I’ve tried to use an external microphone and it has not helped.

I’ve re-installed the Skype for Business, it’s not helped too.

My Skype for Business version is 16.28.175.

Razmik.

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2020 Views 2,684 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Razmik,

I was having the same issue and came across a couple of articles that did(found on reddit) and did not help, BUT I did get the microphone to work with Skype for business. See below for the steps I took

Step 1: Disable The System Integrity Check so that you can access the relevant system database.

Reboot your Mac and hold Cmd+R on startup. This will bring up the Recovery Mode.
Open Utility > Terminal from the menu bar and type csrutil disable
Reboot to normal mode.

Step 2:

Using the terminal, Open the database by giving command: sudo sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.apple.TCC/TCC.db

Provide your password when requested

Within sqlite3, For Skype for Business audio fix type in command:

INSERT or REPLACE INTO access VALUES('kTCCServiceMicrophone','com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness',0,1,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,'UNUSED',NULL,0,1541440109);

Type .exit to exit the sqlite3

Skype for Business should be visible in the  Security & Privacy preferences Privacy-Microphone view now

Step 3: Clean up

Reboot your Mac and hold Cmd+R on startup. This will bring up the Recovery Mode.

Open Utility > Terminal from the menu bar and type csrutil enable

Reboot.

Hopefully, this help you as it did for me. :)

Thanks,

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.