Maps in Excel showing county in another state?

Hello! I'm trying to make a map of WV but for some reason Lincon County is showing up in Kentucky. I've got a basic dataset of the county name in column a and West Virginia in column b - but still, excel thinks I want to see Lincon County, KY. How do I fix this so the map is useful and not a waste of my time?

Answer
Answer

Hi EmmaLee,

Based on your post, I tested on my end, similar to yours, I have county name in column A and West Virginia in Column B and this is what I see on my end.

I noticed your map is different than mine, may I confirm if you have selected a different range?

To create the map, select the range and click Insert>Maps>More Map charts, click Ok, check if it shows the same result.

Besides, please provide the screenshot of Microsoft 365 Product Information. To get this screenshot, open Word or Excel on your system, click File>Account, capture the screenshot of all the information mentioned under Product Information

Let me know the status, I will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Neha

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2024 Views 349 Applies to: