Mac/Windows Feature Parity in Outlook?

So when I open Outlook from the Office 365 suite on my Mac, my gmail account works great and calendar syncs as expected (and has for a couple years now).  But when I open the "same" app on my windows machine, gmail calendar doesn't sync and I have run into so many random errors sending email (In once case the error was only when sending html formatted email) on my gmail account (which still works fine on my mac) that I've switched to a competitor's email client.

I installed both apps from the same Microsoft Office 365 web site.

So the question:

Why are the behaviors so different between the two operating systems, and does Microsoft have any plans on getting them on the same page?

Reply In reply to deleted message

I already have.  I even let they guy remote into my machine and try every trick in his book.  The html email error magically cleared itself up, but I've had enough strange errors posting emails with my gmail account (that I can send with no trouble from another product) that I simply do not trust the product.  I still do not understand why the product supports automatic syncing of gmail calendars on one platform but not the other.

I know that you can import a snapshot of your Google Calendar into the Windows version of Outlook.  But what I want to know is does Microsoft have any plans to add the same automatic sync that exists on the Outlook client for Mac OS?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My name is Naval and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you.

Try to follow the instructions provided on the links in order to fix the issue:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/sync-b...

You can also try the below link for more assistance:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sync-google-calen...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I tried my best to find the solution for this issue. If this doesn't help you kindly let me know, we will find other solutions.

Thanks and regards
Naval

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I am aware of that process for copying a snapshot of your Google calendar into Outlook.  I'm asking about syncing a Google account so that you don't have to manually copy a snapshot every time something changes on your calendar.  Other email clients do not appear to have any issue with this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Charles,

Thanks for writing back to me. I will do my best to find the answer to your issue. Please check the link below and follow the steps listed there. The problem seems similar to yours so it can help you.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/551...

Hope this information helps. Please post if you need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Best regards
Naval

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2022 Views 179 Applies to: