mac outlook 2011 error code: 150 cannot send out outgoing e-mail

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I am using Outlook for MAC 2011 and the version is 14.0.0 (100825).

Further, I have configured two email accounts, however, only from one account I am receiving an error code 150 while sending an email.

Please assist on urgent basis.

Thanks

Answer
Answer

Hi RohitGupta9,

Based on your description, I understand you cannot send email with one account and got the error code. And I notice that your outlook version is bit of old, I suggest you to upgrade your outlook client via https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Check-for-Office-for-Mac-updates-automatically-bfd1e497-c24d-4754-92ab-910a4074d7c1

May I know if both 2 accounts are office 365 accounts and how did you set up them? (POP, IMAP, Exchange)

If the account that cannot send out email is o365 account, please try to sign in outlook web app ( https://outlook.office.com/owa/) and test if the issue persists.

If it isn’t, please sign in the related web version to check.

Besides, you may try to check this issue via creating a new identity/profile to see whether the issue still occurs.

For your reference: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-profiles-or-identities-in-Outlook-for-Mac-fed2a955-74df-4a24-bef6-78a426958c4c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#ID0EAABAAA=2011

And please note that if you have local data that is not present on the Cloud/Server. In that case, we recommend that you Back up/Export the email data before creating a new Outlook 2011 identity.

Thanks,

Iry

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Iry should have noticed you never installed updates. Getting Office to work without installing updates is hopeless. Install updates by following these instructions.

Make sure your Mac has a working internet connection before checking for updates. Install Mac OS X updates followed by Office updates.

Install Mac OS X updates first:

To get Mac OS updates, go to the App store on your dock, and then click the Updates button to reveal available updates.

Then Install Office Updates

To get the update:

1. Open any Office application:

3. Make sure your Mac has a working internet connection

4. Go to the Help menu and choose Check for Updates

5. Let AutoUpdate check for and install updates

6. Restart your Mac

I am an unpaid volunteer and do not work for Microsoft. "Independent Advisors" work for contractors hired by Microsoft. "Microsoft Agents" work for Microsoft Support.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2021 Views 11,151 Applies to: