M365 excel invalid digital signature

hi all 

I got user who had some issue on the m365 excel file showing digital invalid signature on all the excel that is signed before on the office 2016, can anyone help or know any kb patch that will solve this 

Hi kanboon,

Thank you for posting your query in our community.

Based on your description, when you try to open an Excel which was digitally signed in Excel 2016, an error will pop up. May I confirm that the error message is the same as "This document contains invalid signatures"?

If yes, according to this article: "This document contains invalid signatures" error when opening Excel workbooks that were digitally signed in an earlier version, the cause of the problem is -When Excel opens a workbook that was last recalculated in a different version (either a different product version or an update that introduced changes in the recalculation behavior), it updates the internal recalculation data to the current version. Because this data is part of the file content, the digital signature is no longer valid because of this change in the content.

And there are two workarounds in the article, you could try them out to see the result.

If the problem persists, could you please provide some information for me?
1. The screenshot of the error message.
2. The screenshot of the Excel 365 product information, you can go File > Account > capture a screenshot of the Product Information column.
3. If you open the file from Excel 2016, will any problem happen?

Best regards,
Jazlyn
-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a workaround,  will it resolve on the next patch ?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi kanboon,

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused by this issue. 

Regarding when this problem will be fixed, we may couldn't tell you the exact information. However, in order to let the related team understand this problem faster and better, we recommend you feedback this issue to related Excel Team directly. You can open Excel and click File>Feedback>click I have a suggestion and write this query.

Appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,
Jazlyn
-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 1,346 Applies to: