lost red recycle bin icon in Outlook 2016

Recently I noticed that the little red recycle bin icon was missing when I scrolled over the emails.  How do I get it back?
Hi,

Recycle Bin icon on the desktop in Windows can easily be deleted or removed. Since you cannot find the recycle bin icon, here’s the simple recovery method to get back or unhide it. Follow the steps provided from this link: Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Update us with the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Recycle Bin icon on the desktop in Windows can easily be deleted or removed. Since you cannot find the recycle bin icon, here’s the simple recovery method to get back or unhide it. Follow the steps provided from this link: Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Update us with the result.
Sorry I did not make myself clear.  I did not lose my desktop recycle bin icon.  What I lost was the small red recycle bin icon that appears in an email summary when you roll over with the mouse.  Now to delete an email I have to right-click and choose delete or hit the delete key while the email is highlighted.  B4 a small red recycle icon would appear that made the delete process simple.
Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for clarifying the issue. Since you mentioned that what you lost is the recycle bin icon that appears in Outlook, we suggest that you download OffCAT 2.2 from the link below to provide you a detailed report of your installed program. OffCAT 2.2 will highlight known problems that are found when it scans your computer and it will also provide a link to a public-facing article that can resolve the issue.

Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.2

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I will get to it today. But in the meantime I heard from a user at Sony Community that the reason the icons disappeared was because I was operating the laptop in tablet mode and not desktop. He suggested that I toggle to desktop. Ok, easier said than done cuz I cant find a switch. I wrote back and am waiting for an answer. I have a Sony VAIO Flip but rarely flip the screen. When I do it automatically switches to tablet mode. I'll keep trying. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll get back to you. 
Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

To toggle Tablet Mode off, click the Notification Icon in the right corner of the Taskbar, then click the "Tablet mode" button (it should be highlighted) to turn it off.  Another way is to go to Settings/System/Tablet Mode, turn it off, and set the "When I sign in" selection to Go to the desktop.

Hal Hostetler, CPBE
Broadcast Engineer/IT Pro
MVP-Outlook - WA7BGX
www.rolandschorr.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm still running WIN8.1. It's not the same as the article you sent me. I've searched through Control Panel and cant find it. But I do not think that is an answet cuz when I flip the screen and it goes into tablet mode the little red icons do not come back.

Maybe thats a feature new to Win10. 

Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My bad, here's how to do it with 8.1:

How to Enable Boot to Desktop in Windows 8.1

Hal Hostetler, CPBE
MVP-Outlook - WA7BGX
www.rolandschorr.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Hal...

If we were in a face-to-face conversation I think I would be able to communicate better...I already have the laptop in the desktop-first setting.  That was never an issue.  Even when I flip it to tablet, the desktop remains, it never goes to start unless I choose it.  And all of the tablet features are accessible.

I'm about ready to concede the whole issue and accept the fact that this feature of Outlook RUNS ON WIN 10 but not 8.1.  Two other machines in the household have WIN 10 and the little red recycle icon appears on both of them when you scroll over an email.  My machine runs 8.1 and has the exact same copy of Office 365 as the other two machines but doesn't.

Thank you for the help.  If you can think of anything else I'd appreciate it.

Tom

Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could you please post a screen shot of this icon from one of the machines where its working?  I'd really like to make sure I'm on the same page with you.  Thanks!

Hal Hostetler, CPBE
MVP-Outlook - WA7BGX
www.rolandschorr.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They are my adult kids' laptops.  They rarely even let me look at their screens.  Can't imagine what they are hiding from their ole man (hehe).  

Anyway, I have uploaded this pic from my laptop, and the pointer is approx. where the little red icon should appear when you scroll over with the mouse pointer.  If I can bribe one of them I get it but I do not think either one subscribes to the forum.  I'll figure it out.  

Thanks.

Tom

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 2, 2022 Views 2,746 Applies to: