Keeps prompting to choose profile

I only have one profile named "outlook".  I have already selected the option to "Always Use this Profile".  Yet, it keeps on prompting me to choose profile every few minutes, even after selecting it is a default profile.  Don't know how to get rid of this annoying prompt.  Until I respond to this prompt, it won't let me open the outlook.
Answer
Answer

The issue might be due to some corruption in the profiles registry key. Try to delete the profiles key for outlook and then try creating new profile and configure the email account in it to resolve the issue.

Note: Deleting the 'Profiles' registry key will remove all your profiles created in outlook. Make sure you have the backup of the email account to reconfigure it in the new profile.

To delete the profiles registry key follow the steps below:

Disclaimer: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk

Visit the link below for more information on registry back-up:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

1.    Click ‘Start’ > type ‘Run’ (without quotes) in the ‘Search programs and files’ box above start and hit enter key.

2.    In the open run window type ‘regedit’ (without quotes) and click ‘Ok’.

3.    Now in the registry editor window navigate to the following location and delete the ‘Profiles’ folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Sachin Shetty

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 5,098 Applies to: