Is there a way to change a character style to a paragraph style?

Hi,

I have a large document (300 pages) where one of the styles used is a character style, but now we need to format the style at the paragraph level. Is there any way to just change an existing character style to a paragraph style so we are able to edit the paragraph details through out the whole document? Using word 2013.

Thanks in advance,

Kerrie

While as you have phrased your question there is no problem understanding what you are saying, but what is not clear is "In what way do you want the document to be changed?"
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd like the style in question to be tabbed differently to the surrounding text. When I go to modify the style the tabs option is greyed out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

IF you are talking about surrounding text within the same paragraph, you cannot have different tab settings within the one paragraph.  

What you need to do is modify the tab settings for the either the paragraph Style used for the paragraph, or modify the settings just for that paragraph, if modifying them for the Style will change other paragraphs that you do not want to be changed.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
It's time to replace ‘Diversity, Equity & Inclusion’ with ‘Excellence, Opportunity & Civility’ - V Ramaswamy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2024 Views 631 Applies to: