Is my Office 2010 Home & Business OEM or full?

I purchased a new computer and seperately, but still from Dell purchased MS Office Home & Business 2010.  I have decided that I may use the Office software on a different machine.  It was not installed on the new Dell.  How can I tell if it is OEM or Full so I will know if I can use it on more than one of my computers? I got a card with the registration Product Key, no disks.
Answer
Answer

Is the "card" you got called a "Product Key Card" anywhere? If it is, then you have a PKC (Product Key Card) Product Key, not a FULL (FPP) one. The PKC license allows you to install it on any ONE computer. After you have activated it on a computer you may NOT ever transfer it to another computer.

If you do not see the label "Product Key Card" anywhere, there is a possibility that it is a Full, FPP, license. Your best bet would be to contact Dell to find out exactly what type of license it is.

If you want to install on more than one machine you might try to contact the original vendor, Dell (?), and see if they will allow you to "return" the UNUSED PKC license for a "more expensive" (but ultimately better deal for you) Full license.

Please click on the  "Vote as Helpful" button! 

If this proposed solution has resolved your issue(s), please mark it as  Propose as Answer  to let others know the solution that worked for you

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/learn-where-menu-and-toolbar-commands-are-in-office-2010-HA101794130.aspx - Silverlight applets Mapping 2003 menu to 2010 ribbon for all Office apps.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102295841033.aspx -Flash Applets mapping Office 2003 menus to 2007 ribbon.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 22, 2022 Views 3,720 Applies to: