Is Forms the best option for an intake form?

I support internal teams and I have a set of questions that I ask for each project for which I work on with various teams. I created a form using Forms, but I am wondering if that is the best option for me to use.

The form would be sent to each person requesting my services. Then they would answer the various questions and I would complete the work based on their answers- there is a great deal of collaboration after this, but it helps me plan and determine resources. The same person may need to fill this form out multiple times through the year based on the number of projects that they need me to work on, so can they answer the questions without removing their previous responses? I like the idea that Forms can track my responses and create a report, this helps me build my capabilities and review trends in the deliverables that I produce.

I may be working with 5 or six people at the same time, sometimes more.

My question- Is Forms the right program for me to use?

Dear SEA_ASI,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft community. We are glad to help you.

We think forms may help you with your requirements, a user could answer the form multiple times. And your could compare the answers and the data could be exported as Excel files.

Have a nice day and keep safe.

Sincerely,

Sean | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------
*Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you!!

Question...if the same user uses the form a second time, will it overwrite the results from the first time they answered?

I need to make sure that it retains the information from all responses even though it is the same person. Does that make sense? Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear SEA_ASI,

Thanks for your reply.

Please don't worry, the previous answers wouldn't be covered, you can enable the option to accept multiple responses per person in the form settings. This will allow the user to submit the form more than once with different answers. However, this will also create multiple entries in the form data for the same user, which may make it harder to analyze the results.

Have a nice day and keep safe.

Sincerely,

Sean | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------
*Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 574 Applies to: