Is anyone satisfied with Microsoft Support ?

Hi I just thought of using the technical support feature of my visual studio subscription but I am currently quite disappointed :

• it took me quite some time to file the issue via chat assistant

• I can t access the issues that have been filed

• Nobody contacted me after the issue has been created (theoretically 4 hours after that)

• I had to call to get infos about the support ticket and the menus are horrible to sort it out (I got forwarded to some website in 80% of the cases that I tried)

• I get in touch for an appointment after these calls to figure out that this was not the correct service

• I dont get contacted anymore after this

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dear oserin,

Thank you for posting your query in our community.

Based on your description, it seems that you have contacted chat assistant and created ticket for Visio Studio problems. However, there is no response from related team. If so, for the situation you encountered, we do apologize the inconvenience caused by it.

And we also want to help you contact related team directly, however, since our category focus on Office 365 products, and your problem is related to the Visual Studio, we suggest you can go to Visual Studio community support | Microsoft Docs. You can provide the ticket number, and they could help find engineers of relevant teams based on ticket number. The support team may have the correct escalation channel for your cases.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jazlyn | Microsoft Community Moderator

***Note: In the event that you're unable to reply to this thread, please ensure that your Email address is verified in the Community Website by clicking on Your Account Name > "My Profile" > "Edit Profile" > Add your Email Address > tick "Receive email notifications" checkbox > click on "Save".***

-----------
•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jazlyn, thank you for your reply, I am aware that this is not the correct forum but I am trying several channels to report and make people aware of this situation.

P.S : btw I already posted the same there Is anyone satisfied with Microsoft Support ? - Microsoft Q&A but you were quicker to reply ;)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is anyone satisfied with MS Support?

We can't say. We only hear from the people like yourself who are not happy with them.

Based on that sample, we could say "MS Support Sucks!"

How accurate that is we have no way of telling

Certainly not from statistics MS Support reports to Management. One of the common complaints we see is a person being notified that their support ticket has been closed, presumably marked "satisfied".

So your choice is us or them. If your problem is not about money or subscription problems, try asking us.

There should be a "trouble ticket number", or something equivalent in your communications.

When they don't call back in a timely fashion, you have to call them again and give the trouble ticket number. It may or may not help.

When MS support fails it does so spectacularly.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Indeed a wise answer coming from a passionate community member, thank you for that.

I also worked in technical support and I know a bit about the comedy/tragedy that are lived up there but I must say I was wondering if I was particularly unlucky in my case or if something is terribly wrong in the support organization that they have established.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your case is definitely not unique. It fits a "type" we see here frequently.

Yes, there is something "wrong" at MS Support. But how bad the situation is would take an independent audit because the "satisfaction" numbers they generate now are works of fiction.

The fundamental problem is that MS doesn't think there is a problem. MS doesn't want to know there is a problem. If someone has a problem with with MS Support, the only place they can complain is here. But "official" MS doesn't pay much "official" attention here. Sure there are a few project managers and others who "lurk" here, but that is it. They don't do anything with the info they collect here because it is not their responsibility.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think this is "normal" that you can find here complaints as kind of last resort from people that had issues with the technical support.

Just like it is "normal" that technical support faces problems or even bugs from the product and might ask themselves if the products are tested at all before released.

I am a tester myself and I don't expect development stage to be free of faults but I expect that when I find a bug this is corrected and that the process and organization is fit for this.

In my call from yesterday it seems like the ticket has been forwarded and ended up not being treated, most probably because of not being critical but I would expect at least some feedback about this. The advice from the tech support was to recreate a ticket since the first seems to be not filed properly by the chat assistant that helped me setting this up (indeed now that I filed the ticket myself, I can access it...)

Let us see what happens with the new and old ticket..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had a spectacular experience with MS Support recently, just a few days ago. This was through the 365 Business support, although we have multiple tenants, none of our tenants are in any way big, the biggest one has about 15 licenses and in total across all our tenants, we are under 50 licenses and most are basic licenses, so we are in no way a major customer.

After initiating the ticket, I got a call back within the hour and I learn about the root cause of the issue I was facing and some of the fixes to mitigate future occurrence (doesn't solve all). The support technician actually spent time and reverted back in about 48 hours with a PowerShell script for me to automate the process. The initial solution required manual intervention of about 25K files, which is not feasible as a long term solution. This particular technician did not just tell me to go buy more services and instead helped with a real fix.

The easiest solution was actually to tell the customer to upgrade storage which would have cost this particular tenant $200/month when the total billing of this tenant was about $60/month for 11 people. Obviously we don't have the budget for this for storage alone. I was very happy that the MS answer wasn't the typical Apple answer of give us more of your money.

The reason it took 48 hours to revert was that she actually tested the script before sending it to me with all the test script results. This was beyond my expectations.

On top of that, she followed it up with a call to see if it fixed my issue as I had not replied to the email for a day due to other work related matters.

Of course given the size of MS, YMMV with the different Support technicians and locations. I am very lucky to have been assigned to such an amazing one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great thank you for sharing your positive experience. That is also welcome

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had a spectacular experience with MS Support recently, just a few days ago. This was through the 365 Business support, ...

After initiating the ticket, I got a call back within the hour

Of course given the size of MS, YMMV with the different Support technicians and locations. I am very lucky to have been assigned to such an amazing one.

I'm happy to hear of your positive experience. That is the way "support" and customer service is supposed to work ...

You are all to right about YMMV.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think this is "normal" that you can find here complaints as kind of last resort from people that had issues with the technical support.

Just like it is "normal" that technical support faces problems or even bugs from the product and might ask themselves if the products are tested at all before released.

I am a tester myself and I don't expect development stage to be free of faults but I expect that when I find a bug this is corrected and that the process and organization is fit for this.

In my call from yesterday it seems like the ticket has been forwarded and ended up not being treated, most probably because of not being critical but I would expect at least some feedback about this. The advice from the tech support was to recreate a ticket since the first seems to be not filed properly by the chat assistant that helped me setting this up (indeed now that I filed the ticket myself, I can access it...)

Let us see what happens with the new and old ticket..

Calls for "last resort" help here are not a surprise. The ones that cause me to boil over is when the person says that they called phone support and phone support told them to come here. I'm sorry, someone being PAID by MS to provide help, who in theory has access to help from the whole company and their advice is to talk to unpaid volunteers!?! It "irks" me!

I used to be a developer on a system that was approximately the same size (number of Lines) as Windows NT was at that time. Yes, "bugs" happen. In theory we are supposed to catch them all during development and system testing before releasing the change to the public. Obviously testing is not perfect.

Your experience of a ticket not being created is common. That is why I suggest to people that they ask for the ticket number at the start of their contact with Support. That "encourages" the support person to do a better job of documenting the call. BUT, even then I was handed off, the next person apparently did not read the ticket.

You were able to create your own "ticket"? HOW DID YOU DO THAT! That would be a very useful trick to be able to pass on.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2023 Views 79 Applies to: