Installing Microsoft Office 2013 Home and Student

I purchased Microsoft Office 2013 for Home and Student 2 years ago and am just now setting up the computer.  No problems except with this program.  I have the Product Key.  It leads me in circles.

You install for first use via this link https://products.office.com/en-us/download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products

In the process you create an MS Account and this MS Account is used to manage your install

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you as that answer got me much closer to being finished than I was earlier.  Now it shows only Microsoft SkyDrive as the only option on the start menu.  I have Windows 7.0 and do not want to have anything in the clouds for security reasons.  Is this where I should have ended up being?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally had a nice man(very British!) in India who helped me install the program.  I'm not certain what he did differently.  It worked beautifully for 3 or 4 days and now Microsoft Office(both Word and Excel) shuts down and will not work at all,  This has been very frustrating.  I have been working with computers since 1991--IBM even tried to hire me as a systems analyst or programmer in the early 1960's but this simple installation of Microsoft Office is doing me in!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

To resolve this issue let us know the following:

Are you receiving any error messages when Word and Excel shuts down/crashes?

If yes, send us the complete error message.

Have you tried launching Word and Excel in the Safe Mode? If not, you may try opening Word 2013 and Excel 2013 in the Safe Mode and see if these applications opens fine.

Follow the steps as suggested in the following Microsoft Article to open Word 2013 and Excel 2013 in the Safe Mode.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

Note: The above article lists steps for all Microsoft Office 2013 applications, however, follow the steps to open the application/program in the Safe Mode for which you are experiencing an issue – in your case Word 2013 and Excel 2013.

The above step opens Word and Excel in the Safe Mode. Check now if you are able to open and work in Word and Excel normally without the applications crashing. If yes, then you may follow the next set of steps in the above mentioned article to troubleshoot Add-Ins in Word 2013 and Excel 2013. 

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I ended up with 3 conversations with chat in which they had to take control of the computer.  The end result was some changes in the config.sys and removing something that started witju Abby from the computer.  There were conflicts that had to be resolved.  Thanks to all of you for your help.  It all seems to be working now.  They did not find this to be a simple job!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I purchased Office 365 Home, Personal, University & Office 2013 on 4 Feb. 2015 but am using my 2007 Office because the 2013 shows in my programs but wants to activate which takes me to 2016 which won't accept my key for 2013.  I do not need to create another Microsoft Account because I have one.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Annie

Not really sure what you want to do? If you do not want Office 365 Home, Personal, University you can uninstall it. Control panel>Programs and features>click on Office 2013 at top of the page click on Uninstall.  If that is not want you want to do please come back.

Microsoft Office Professional 2021
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
Microsoft Office Professional 2003
Windows 10 Professional
HP ProBook 470 G4

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 3,676 Applies to: