Install old Office 2013 on new Windows 10 laptop

My Windows 7 (yes I know) laptop died.  I had a paid subscription of Office 2013 installed on that machine and confirmed that the key is still valid.  I just purchased a new Windows 10 laptop and would like to install the old version of Office that I have the paid license for.   However, when I download and attempt to install, I get a msg that a 64 bit version is already on my laptop and can cannot installed the 32 bit version.   It then instructs me if I want to proceed with the installation of the 32 bit version, I must deinstall the 64 bit version that came with preloaded.

I'm wondering if there is any way to use my active key get basic office installed/activated on my new machine?   I don't use Office enough to purchase 365 for the annual renewal and do have a valid license (albeit very old).

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Buck, Office 2013 is not a 'subscription' version of Office, it is a one-time payment version. You  do not need the Product Key to reinstall your Office 2013.  You can reinstall your Office 2013 from the Office Account which would have been created when you first installed your Office using the Product Key and the email address and password for your Microsoft Account.  Sign in here: https://account.microsoft.com/services/

Before you do that use the Microsoft uninstall tool to uninstall the free trial version of Office 365 installed with the agreement of Microsoft on all new computers.  Use Option 2 to completely uninstall it  When the tool has finished reboot/restart your computer (NOT shut down)

Microsoft Office Professional 2021
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2019
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013
Microsoft Office Professional 2003
Windows 10 Professional
HP ProBook 470 G4

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 1,858 Applies to: