Infopath - Your account is in a bad state. Please sign-in to this account online to address the issue

Hello team,

When I tried to access to Infopath with my company credential, it keeps occurring below error message.

Can you please help me out?

[PII is masked by Nathan Li MSFT Support]

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Joo-Won,

Can you sign-in to your account online? You can try to sign in to the Office 365 Portal and check if it works.

Please go to the Office 365 My Account page and go to the “Subscriptions” section to check if you could find “SharePoint Online”.

You may also contact your Office 365 admin and see if the InfoPath Forms Services has been enabled. For details, please refer to this article:

Configure InfoPath Forms Services

Besides you may check if the InfoPath Forms Services feature was activated for your site collection. You may go to Settings > Site Settings > Site collection features > check status of “Enable or disable site collection features” which includes the InfoPath Forms Services feature. For your reference: Enable or disable site collection features

If you still couldn’t sign-in when you have the SharePoint Online license on your My Account page, and the InfoPath Forms Services are enabled in Office 365 admin center and the site collection, please post back and let us further assist you.

Regards,

Nathan

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Joo-Won,

Have you checked my reply above and tried my suggestion to troubleshoot the issue on signing in the InfoPath desktop application? If there is any update, please come back and share with us.

Regards,

Nathan

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Nathan

Thanks for prompt reply.

I could find "SharePoint Online" from O365 My Account page but I don't have a permission to Admin Center and there is no Site Collection Administration from Site Settings.

Can you please provide me an alternative solution?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joo-Won,

Thank you for your feed back. Please note that the Site Collection Administration section is available to administrator of the site collection. In this case, you may contact your site collection administrator to check the Site Settings and contact your Office 365 global admin or SharePoint admin to check the InfoPath settings in the SharePoint admin center for you.

Regards,

Nathan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joo-Won,

May I ask if you have checked my last reply about your site collection administrator and SharePoint admin to check the InfoPath settings in your site collection and the SharePoint admin center? If there is anything else we could do for you, please come back and let us assist you.

Regards,

Nathan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Nathan,

I am working with Joo-Won on this and I've confirmed that the feature is enabled at the site collection level. The site he's attempting to access is a sub-site directly below the site collection. Joo-Won has full control access to the sub-site.

Joo-Won mentioned his colleague was able to successfully do this, but he is getting an error. 

Not sure if this is related:

I saw a thread online that mentioned the mailbox being a linked mailbox, and MSFT support helped fix that.

Cheers,

Rob Dixon

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your information. As Joo-Won can login his Office 365 Portal, the issue of the thread you mentioned should not be the same as this one.

Since one of your colleague can login, I'd suggest signing in from that computer to see if this is an account issue.

If you could login from that computer, you may check if you have logged in another Office 365 account in your computer or have changed your Office 365 account recently. If so, you may try deleting your credential files and then login the InfoPath Designer again. You may refer to the following steps to delete the credentials:

1. Quit all Office applications;

2. Type "Credential Manager" into the search box in the tool bar and click to open the Credential Manager;

3. Select Windows Credentials.

4. Click to open the credentials containing "Office15" or "Office16" and click "Remove";

5. Sign in again with your Office 365 account.

If you couldn't login from another computer, please provide us the following information so that we could further assist you:

1. Go to Account > click "About InfoPath", and then capture a screenshot of the prompt window. 

2. Please go to the Office 365 admin center > Users > Active Users >  compare the Product Licenses of Joo-won and another employee to check if there is any difference.

Regards,

Nathan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for your dedicated support.

Here is the captures that you requested. Also I tried to install SP1 package but it was unable to install it with the message that 'we cannot find a proper software'.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joo-Won,

Thank you for your information. May I know if you have tried to delete the Office credentials by the following steps?

1. Quit all Office applications;

2. Type "Credential Manager" into the search box in the tool bar and click to open the Credential Manager;

3. Select Windows Credentials.

4. Click to open the credentials containing "Office15" or "Office16" and click "Remove";

5. Sign in again with your Office 365 account.

If you couldn't sign in after you deleted the credentials, per my test, you could also use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to fix this issue.

If the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant doesn't work, please try download InfoPath from the following page:

InfoPath 2013 for Office 365 ProPlus Subscription

By the way, to check whether this is related to your account, may I know if you have other same issue in other Office applications, for example, Word, Excel, etc.?

Please post back if there is any update and let us further assist you.

Regards,

Nathan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for prompt reply.

Seem there is no credentials under "Windows credentials" as below. 

[PII is masked by Nathan Li MSFT Support]

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 14,959 Applies to: