in my onedrive appeared file called المستندات and i dont know how did id get here because i didnt put it there and i dont have a device or account with language can it be a virus or hack?

please help

Hi MinecrafterM, Thank you for reaching out. My name is Leo, a user just like you. I'd be happy to help you with your concern. We can't really say if it is a virus or any type of malicious software. May I know what the file type is? Is it a document or something else? You can check this by right-clicking the file and choosing the option "properties." Alternatively, you can also open your OneDrive via www.onedrive.com and look for the file, right-click on it, and choose the option "details." Then, you will see relevant information such as when it was added or who added it. Please note that you should take precautionary measures such as not opening or accessing any suspected files. In case of any files that are yours, you may delete them right away and avoid accessing any unsecured websites, as this can cause other issues. Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope I provided a helpful information regarding your concern! Let me know if you have any further questions. Be safe always! Best Regards, Leo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The same case here, however it's not a file.

The "documents" directory in OneDrive is renamed like that. I have no clue how this could have happened, but all my files in "documents" are corrupted.

Never ever OneDrive again.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same case here. The folder name for "Documents" has changed to المستندات which seems to be arabic for "documents" according to online translators.

I would also be interested whether this is a security incident and if somebody could have gained access on my OneDrive.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same case here. The folder name for "Documents" has changed to المستندات which seems to be arabic for "documents" according to online translators.

I would also be interested whether this is a security incident and if somebody could have gained access on my OneDrive.

After arabic I have had few other languages. I don't think this might be a security breach, rather a malfunction of OneDrive.

All files that have been on OneDrive are corrupted, which is not acceptable for me at all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 405 Applies to: