Importing Outlook email rules does not include destination folder

Hello,

I have a bunch of rules to organize my inbox, as I'm sure many of us do. I backup these rules every now and then.

Everytime I import them back into another Outlook instance or machine, they import fine initially, but as soon as I click Apply, I get an error saying "Some of your rules do not have all their options set" and that if I save, the rules will be deactivated. The error refers to the "move to" folder attribute, which although I can see is set (in the preview of the first rule in the Rules and Alerts dialog box in the background), as soon as I click apply, it is removed.

This means I need to go rule by rule and set the appropriate "move to" folder, which is of course, a pain in the neck. In the past week, since I've moved to Office 365 and gone through a number of configuration issues, I've done this at least 5 times (each time a profile changes or what not...)

Is there any way to get around this problem?

Thanks for any help. :-)

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Misconfigured settings in Outlook might be one of the possible reasons why you are unable to import your rules. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate and to resolve this concern. For now, let us perform an online repair via Control Panel. Doing so will fix any issues you are experiencing when using any of your Office apps. The instructions on how to do so are posted in this article. Once done, try importing your rules and check if you'll experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 7,108 Applies to: