Import Excel Worksheet in Access database using Inventory template

I am trying to import an excel bill of materials into the access inventory template. I followed the Help instructions and fixed all the formatting. I am receiving an error "Property not found". How do I import or what am I doing incorrectly?

With enough additional details, someone might be able to offer concrete suggestions. Lets' start with that Excel Bill of Materials. What, EXACTLY, does it contain? Actually sample data is by far the best way to "show" us what you are working with. What does it mean to say you want to import it into an Access Inventory template? Just create a new table with the data? Add the data to an existing table? I'm sure there's a way to figure out which property is not found, so if you don't know what it is and can't tell us, maybe we could figure it out from seeing more details about the exact state of the import when it appears.

Thanks for sharing enough information to allow someone to help.

With Joy Wend Your Way

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate the feed back. I am doing some discovery learning here as I have no education on MS Access, so I appreciate the patience. I am definitely not sure what the property is that may be conflicted. I can definitely tell you that the help menu does not help. I would love to be able to talk to someone over the phone or Teams rather than this format.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, what Help Menu do you mean? Remember, we have no visibility to your computer or to any applications and we rely on your accurate descriptions.

So again, HOW did you do the import?

Phone support, BTW, is expensive. It requires someone to be dedicated to to providing that service "on demand". The volunteers who participate here are all developers and others who try to help when and where they can, but we are not dedicated employees of MS. So, the most useful way to get feedback is to provide more details rather than less.

With Joy Wend Your Way

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2021 Views 87 Applies to: