IMAP login problems

I have problems with my login data during the last two days. I am using IMAP/ SMTP protocols to access my Emails in Mozilla Thuderbird and also on my iPhone. I use outlook.office365.com for IMAP server. 

When I check my Emails I get the error message "Login to server outlook.office365.com failed" most of the time (it does work two times yesterday). At the same time I can login normally via Web interface, so my login data are OK. 

Does anyone know if there are any problems with outlook365 and if those are being solved? 

Answer
Answer

Hi Robert,

I did not test but the problem seems to have been resolved short after your reply. I fact everything was working fine before last Thursday morning (CET time) and works well starting from Friday late afternoon without me changing anything in the setting. 

I would also mention that this "login" problem appeared in both, Mozilla Thunderbird and iPhone. Both are set to fetch the Emails via IMAP and SMTP, using outlook.office365.com and smtp.outlook365.com. Therefore I was thinking that this might be a server rather than client problem. 

I will write it here again if this problem reappears.

Sem

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2024 Views 950 Applies to: