I need Help with calendars in Publisher

I use the same calendar every month in my newsletter and I"m not able to change the dates. The title of the month changes, but not the dates.

I've tried everything I know, using both options, creating a new document...so far nothing has worked. I use the "understated" template which leaves me plenty of room to add pictures and text boxes.

In Pub 2010 I can create a single month calendar using the 'understated' template for July. I can then go to Page Design > Change Template > in the right column I can click Set Calendar dates... and in that dialog I chose to change the month to August for both start and end date. When I OK out the calendar changes the dates and month but on the right side I get an 'extra content' column which shows the 'text and tables', 'images' and 'shapes and wordart' that "did not fit...".

If you add text boxes and pictures to your template then when you try to change the dates at best these add-ons will not transfer, and at worse Publisher will choke and the dates will not change. You might need to create a newly dated calendar and copy and paste your extra content on the new.

If you are having some other issue then please explain in more detail exactly what happens and what version of Publisher you are using.

DavidF

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So far the easiest way I've found to copy my text and graphics from a calendar is ugly but is the only workaround I've found remotely tolerable.

Create a new blank calendar using your "Understated" template.  Open the previous year (that you should have been able to just change the start/end dates on).  One month at a time, in the right-hand pane click Ctrl + a to select all your text & graphics, then still holding the Ctrl key, deselect the month text box and the calendar grid - the thick border around the month (or you can delete them on the new calendar after you paste, the new year is underneath), go to corresponding month on the blank calendar, Ctrl + v to paste.

Like I said, ugly...but if you have a lot of graphics and customizing that will not carry over like I did, this can be a lot easier than having to start over.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ugly can be beautiful if it works <g>. Thanks for sharing.

DavidF

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 25, 2023 Views 1,197 Applies to: