I have taken over this company laptop and need to remove the last account holder details and add my own ,how do I do this?

hi

this is a company lap top, windows account is set up in previous persons name and details etc, they have now left and I need to set up a completely new account in my name and e mail address to be able to install and pay for windows myself

Answer
Answer

Hi Lorna,

For company laptop, generally it's domain-joined so that all domain users in your company can access their accounts in the laptop. In this scenario, if it's domain-joined computer, you can just sign out the former employee's account, then sign in your domain account (domaim\username). Windows will configure a brand new profile for your account.

While if it's not domain-joined computer, you can try to create a new Windows User Profile to set up your account and email address. For your reference, see Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10. To configure your email accounts, just go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts to achieve this.

Besides, the windows user profile is stored in the following folder: C:\Users. If you want to remove the former employee's user profile, you can delete the corresponding folder. It's suggested to backup the important data in advance since the data of the former employee is not recoverable after removing.

Regards,

Marvin

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 12,291 Applies to: