I can't upload a photo to my Microsoft account profile picture

I am trying to upload a picture for my Microsoft profile and I get this message,Try again later. We tried to upload your picture, but something went wrong.

Hi frankiea5,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in the Microsoft Community Forum. I know that it would be great if you are able to upload your profile photo to your Microsoft account profile so others can immediately notice you if you will send them an email or you can notice if some tried to logged into your Office apps.

For us to be able to isolate the cause of your concern, I'd like to know if you are trying to upload the photo through Microsoft account through the web? If so, I'd suggest that you check if the same error will occur on other web browsers.

I am looking forward to your response.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thank you sir for your quick response. I can easily change my profile picture in the Google chrome browser without any problems. I went to Microsofts accounts page and found two different profile pictures apparently for two different accounts that I had over the years, for some reason I can't go back to that page in my edge browser or Google chrome browser. That Paige had three different bubbles with two different profile pictures of me. I'm still searching for my page in my history having a hard time finding it. I will keep you updated on my issues.

Thanks again

Frank

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue. I have tried with Google Chrome and the new Edge. Getting the same message with any picture I try to upload. "Try again later. We tried to upload your picture, but something went wrong."

I have tried different dimensions, file sizes, jpg, jpeg, png, gif.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you provide us a screenshot of the page that you are trying to view or where you try to change your profile picture?

Are you trying to get to sign in to your info page with your Microsoft account, and then select Add picture or Change picture, then follow the instructions.

Let me know how it turns out for you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for raising this concern to our attention, caeldom.

Have you tried to clear the browser cache and history to know if this will help resolve the issue. And also, can you confirm if you have tried to upload different images? If yes, does the issue occurs on all of the image?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Ma.Lau

I think I figured out the problem.. I clicked on sync account on my profile page and when it wouldn't sync, I questioned it on the the internet  and I got a response saying the new Edge was not able to sync your account and that Microsoft will have that issue fixed with in a few  months with an update to the new Edge. So that explained a lot. By the way the proof is that I can change my profile picture on MS account page no problem, but the MS New Edge browser profile picture I can not change.It is an older picture of me. Not sure but you can see my new picture by my name on this community page I am typing on right now. So to sum it up, the new Edge browser will not sync the profile image, everything else I try works. By the way another issue I discovered in windows 10 after all the windows updates. When I boot up my computer I see that MS Word also launches on startup. I have no docs open so not sure what that it. I launched task manager and start options but no word app is showing on startup. I guess something else to investigate...

Thanks for your time and help

Regards

Frank

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us, Frank. We're glad to know that you can now change your MS profile image.

However, it seems that the issue is with the Windows OS performance. I suggest that you raise this concern on the correct category which is Windows 10.

Should you still need assistance, feel free to reply to this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your help. I will go to Windows 10 OS and let them know what's going on.

Regards

Frank

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Welcome, Frank.

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reply here and we will further assist you.

Keep safe and stay healthy!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 8,765 Applies to: