I can't login to Onedrive/Microsoft wihtout the Authenticator app code, and to access the authenticator code I need an authenticator code!

I can't login to Onedrive/Microsoft on my other business account as the authenticator app (iphone) apparently stopped being linked when I got a new phone and I didn't know you were supposed to back up Authenticator app to icloud. So, I can;t log into the website to get to my account wihtout the authenticator code and I can't use a back up method as whenever I select that option it talkes me back to needeing the authenticator app code. I can login to microsoft on my personal login but that isn't the one that I need help with so Microsoft won't help. Does anyone know how to log in to MIcrosoft using eihter your email address or somethign other than through authenticator? Thanks

|

Hi, Henrietta Sudworth

Good day.

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you.

According to your description, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in to your Microsoft account.

If you're unable to access the Authenticator app, you can try using the verification code sent to your alternate email address or phone number.

You can also try resetting your password by clicking on the "Forgot my password" link on the login page. If none of these options work, you can contact Microsoft Data Protection team for further assistance. They may ask you to provide some personal information to verify your identity before helping you regain access to your account.

Please be kindly to refer Microsoft Data Protection team, please hotline based on - Find Microsoft 365 business support phone numbers by country or region - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn. (Ctrl+F4 and type the name of your space.)

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated.

Hope you all the best!

Microsoft Community Moderator.

*Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 13 Applies to: