I am unable to publish a site page or save a site draft under sharepoint online

below are the error I get when I try to publish the site.

Could not publish your page

We're sorry, we encountered an unexpected error. Please try again, if the problem persists please contact your Administrator.

When I hit save draft I get the below error

Could not save your changes

Could not save your changesREST error Error with code -2146232832, Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException due to Inner-Message: The specified user i:0#.f|*****|user@default*****.com could not be found. Exception-Message: [HTTP]:400 - [CorrelationId]:a616*****-x6e4-3*****-1e99-*****360743 [Version]:16.0.0.21625 at Error: Inner-Message: The specified user i:0#.f|m*****r@default******.com could not be found. Exception-Message:

in our environment we have a main domain "default*****.com" and a bunch of other UPNsuffix.com domains.

The main thing I noticed is "user@default*****.com truly doesn't exist in our environment. rather it is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that does exist in our environment. For some reason, sharepoint online is mixing the pre windows authentication default*****\user with the different UPN Suffix we have for that domain.

[PII is masked by Mia Zhao MSFT Support]

Hi,

Sorry for all the inconveniences it may have caused on your side.

To further investigate the issue and narrow down the possible causes, could you please share us some more details for a further troubleshooting?

1.If the issue user can edit and publish some other pages or even pages in other sites? Based on the test results about if the issue will happen only on specific page or all pages, it helps us to confirm if the issue is related with the user account side.

2.If other users(especially the admin account) in the organization will be able to publish the issue site page successfully?

3.Share us more details about user@default*****.com truly doesn't exist in our environment and user@differentUPNSuffix.com does exist in our environment. Did you confirm this detail from Admin Center or somewhere? Any screenshots would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mia

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mia,

Thank you for your reply.

1. The user can publish other pages and pages in other sites without an issue. This happens for some pages and the work around is to delete the page and rework on publishing it and the issue disappears. But this workaround is quite cumbersome.

2. Even the admin account cannot publish the page nor can save the draft. Same error appears.

3. In our environment we have multiple companies, the way we set it up is a single domain name "mattix" and multiple UPN suffixes "gvision" representing one other subsidiary. So the user is question has a User logon name (pre-Windows 2000) as mattix\elister and a User logon name as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When saving the draft the error that pops up says: "The user *** Email address is removed for privacy *** doesn't exist" which is a mix up. I have confirmed in the admin center *** Email address is removed for privacy *** doesn't exist.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It seems like the error message and the impact range is similar to my previous thread: Could not save your changesREST error Error with code -2146232832 - Microsoft Community.

As the issue is related with some specific pages side, it is suggested to open a support ticket and ask engineers there to have a further investigate with your tenant and domains side. Sorry that forum engineers here have no permission and resources to collect the logs on customers' sides.

Follow the detailed steps in Get support | Microsoft Docs and arrange a remote session with engineers there if needed to resolve the issue more efficiently.

Best Regards,

Mia

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Mia, I shall open a support case and post the answers to this thread once the solution is identified.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2023 Views 3,159 Applies to: