How would I create a Microsoft form that populates an employee's details such as name, position, etc. after they fill in their employee ID?

I need to create a form which will be auto-populated certain following questions after an employee enters their employee ID into the first questions. How would i do that ?

Hi Marc,

Per my personnal test, microsoft Form is static so if an employee respond to it, you have to download all answer to populate your DataBase.

The best way to avoid that is by using Power App.

1. You create an excel file with all the questions as colomn header and save it in sharepoint

2. You create a new Power App application using the template provided and you link it to the excel file

and you will have a app like your Form but at each record it will update your excel file.

Not sure it's the best way but it works for me (I update like this all my new employee data into my employee excel file).

Best Regards,

Arnaud

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello I am Abdal and I would be glad to help you with your question. You can create a Microsoft Form and add a question asking for the employee ID. Then you can use Microsoft Power Automate (previously known as Microsoft Flow) to automatically retrieve the employee's details based on the entered ID and populate the rest of the form. Here's how: Create a Microsoft Form with the first question asking for the employee ID. Go to https://flow.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account. Click on "Create from blank" to create a new flow. In the "When a new response is submitted" trigger, select your Microsoft Form. Add an action to retrieve the employee details based on the entered employee ID. Depending on where the employee details are stored, you can choose from a variety of data sources such as SharePoint, Excel, or a database. Once the employee details are retrieved, add an action to update the form with the retrieved details. Save and activate the flow. Test the form by entering an employee ID and verifying that the rest of the form is automatically populated with the corresponding employee details. This is a basic example of how you can create a Microsoft Form that retrieves and auto-populates employee details. Depending on your specific requirements, you may need to make additional modifications to the flow. I hope this information helps. Regards, Abdal

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 2,747 Applies to: