How To Uninstall Outlook-2010 From Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010?

I run Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (W7x64).  I need to uninstall/reinstall Outlook-2010 from the Home & Business installation.  However, the install documentation for Home & Business reads like it deals with installation only.  So my question is:

Can Outlook-2010 be safely (no disruptions to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or OneNote) uninstalled by itself, or do I have to uninstall/reinstall all of Home & Business 2010 to keep the non-Outlook programs working properly?

|
Why do you believe that you need to uninstall/reinstall MS Outlook? that rarely does anything that an Office repair wont do.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I run Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (W7x64).  I need to uninstall/reinstall Outlook-2010 from the Home & Business installation. 

To uninstall OL'2010 only:

Control Panel --> Programs (Uninstall a program) --> Highlight Office 2010 --> Change --> Add or Remove Features --> Select "Unavailable" for Microsoft Outlook

However, before going thru that exercise, might be worthwhile to share why you think you need to uninstall/reinstall? Far too many people do that needlessly because they (erroneously) think that it will solve some kind of "profile" related issue which is never solved that way.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP 2012-2018]
http://www.contactgenie.info

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Regarding "Why?", here's my tale of woe ...

On Saturday, 3 Sep, everything in Office-2010 worked as it should.  But, instead of a Shutdown until Sunday morning, I put my HP Pavilion p6210y desktop Hibernate mode.  When I started W7x64 again, uncontrolled window manipulations started on my screen, and my Norton Security (NS2016 v22.7.1.32) popped on screen, and quickly deleted and reinstalled itself.

After the smoke had cleared, my IE11 was trashed and Outlook-2010 had lost Outlook-Connector communication with the Hotmail.com mail servers, where all my email remained unharmed.  Since then, I have been working with the HP Smart Friend support team to restore Outlook-2010's link to Hotmail.com via Outlook-Connector 32-bit.  After a week of trial and error, nothing produces the former links to all my personal folders, although we were able to get my Inbox reconnected.

Since this situation was produced by such unique circumstances, I'm thinking pulling Outlook-2010 out, then reinstalling it with a fresh download of Outlook-Connector 32-bit might shake loose the lost connections to my personal folders.  So far as System Recovery is concerned, I cannot Restore any earlier than 9-6-2016, two days after this weird Outlook/Connector crash.

P.S.  I've run Office Repair three times, and uninstalled/downloaded/reinstalled Outlook Connector 32-bit twice, but nothing changes as a result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Access hotmail via web browser access, if the menu bar shows this, it has been migrated to Exchange, the mail account in MS Outlook needs deleting, and the Connector uninstalling before adding back in the Hotmail account using the auto setup page

https://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/outlookcommigrationinfo.htm#why

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Right now, your Outlook migration webpage looks informative.  However, my Outlook Mail menu bar has not changed, and therefore looks nothing like the mail bar (with the red crayons) you show.  Are you showing what my menu bar should look like after I implement the OutlookComMigration?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Regarding "Why?", here's my tale of woe ...

<Palcouk>'s answer would be the same one I would have provided based on what you describe and even if that's not the reason for what you're encountering, uninstalling/reinstalling would still very likely be a complete waste of time. 

Assuming you only have migrated Outlook.com accounts in the profile, then would uninstall the HotMail Connector first and then configure the account as per below 

As for NS2016 - a general comment unrelated to this. If it is also installing an Outlook A/V addin, suggest you remove it since any A/V addin is pointless as long as an up-to-date system level A/V program is in play. A/V addins have been known to cause more problems then their worth. Any attachment will be scanned before it's opened from within Outlook since it's frist saved to disk and there's no point checking outbound emails.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

However, my Outlook Mail menu bar has not changed, and therefore looks nothing like the mail bar (with the red crayons) you show.  

Does it look like one of following two? (the important element is whether it's <Outlook Mail> or <Outlook.com> regardless of how the bar appears)

(for some regions it would show <Outlook Email>)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My account is definitely non-migrated.

The Add New Account dialog box above we (HP Smart Friend & myself) have filled out around half-a-dozen times, using variations of input data.  The result is the same each time -- no communication with Hotmail mail servers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My account is definitely non-migrated.

The Add New Account dialog box above we (HP Smart Friend & myself) have filled out around half-a-dozen times, using variations of input data.  The result is the same each time -- no communication with Hotmail mail servers.

OK. So just to confirm everything for the sake of completeness, the Outlook.com account was added via the following steps (going to assume that to be the case for the rest of this reply)

The next thing to do just to take it out of the equation as a potential cause is "repairing" Office '2010

(Control Panel --> Uninstall Programs --> Change --> Repair) - reboot your machine when complete just to start fresh.

Would also uninstall any A/V addin (regardless of vendor) - at a minimum, disable it but disabling can still result in some undesired behavior). To check if there is one - from OL'2010 menu

File --> Account Settings --> options -> addins

If you still can't connect to the Outlook.com account at this point then would suggest creating a "New" Outlook profile just to check to see if it's a profile related issue. Do that by closing Outlook --> Control Panel <Mail app> 

(by new = starting from scratch, not making a copy of an existing profile and then making changes to it). Add the Outlook.com account and see if it configures without any issues. If it does, make the new profile the default for the sake of this test for the next time Outlook opens and then re-start Outlook.

Let's see where things are at after the above.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2021 Views 3,284 Applies to: