How to Transfer Office License to Another Account

I purchased a license of Office 2019 Home & Student as a gift. I need to transfer that license to the other person's Microsoft account so that they can install and use the software. How do I do this?

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2020 Views 326 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I purchased a license of Office 2019 Home & Student as a gift. I need to transfer that license to the other person's Microsoft account so that they can install and use the software. How do I do this?

You can't.   Check your licence>e.g. Word>File>Account>About Word>Click on link for software licence.

"Can I transfer or reassign the software to another user or computer? You may not transfer the software to another user.   You may transfer the software directly to a third party only as installed on the licensed computer, with the Certificate of Authenticity label and this agreement.  Before the transfer, that party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software.  You may not retain any copies. You may reassign this software license to a different computer any number of times, but not more than one time every 90 days. If you reassign, that other computer becomes the

“licensed computer.” If you retire the licensed computer due to hardware failure, you may reassign the license sooner. IF YOU LIVE IN GERMANY, THE ABOVE PROVISION (Can I transfer or reassign the software to another user or computer?) DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. It is replaced with the following: Any transfer of the software and the right to use the software to a third party shall be in compliance with the statutory provisions in the law."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.