How to to change a color in custom colors without it reverting back the the previous color?

I could be something in my settings I've screwed but I can't find  it yet. :) Here is my problem and what I've tried:

If I change the color, File > Options Default Font to a green, for example. It will give me a green everytime I start a new section, notebook or a new "container" inside a section. But if I go and change the color, for example to a light blue I see the changes it to the new color in the default font setting but it still stays green. It doesn't matter if I start a new section or a new notebook, whatever it might be.  It still reverts back to that color.

But it's get weirder. For example, I went into Files > Options > Default Font area, changed the font color to #69A4D8 (light blue). Then I started a new section in my notebook and the color was dark blue (#00518A) instead. I didn't even choose the #00518A previously. But if go back into default font options it shows the color is light blue. :D

What have a done to the settings to make it behave this way? Or does it have some sort of history on what colors I choose way back in the beginning, when I create a new notebook that it defaults to? That's my only guess but not sure. 

A moving screenshot would explain it much better but hopefully it's clear enough.  

Hi jx²,

I go through the post carefully. I test on my side changed default font color. However, I cannot find the same issue when I create a new page or new section. after I type words in new section, select it and check hex for the color, it is the same as what I set in default color. I think the issue could be related to your local environment. however, I never heard any settings in onenote that my related to this. Here are some suggestion:

1.     Make sure your Office is up to date, go to File>Account to update OneNote.

2.     Run Office online repair to fix if there are corrupted register key value. Check the article for more info: Repair an Office application

If suggestion above doesn’t help, could you please share information below with us for further troubleshooting?

1.     What is your Office version?

2.     Dose the same issue happen on other office apps? Such as word?

Regards,

Clark

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi!

Ah! I should have done this first, text is never the better way for this type of thing. I attached a moving screenshot of what's happening...way better than ever using text. :)

1.     Make sure your Office is up to date, go to File>Account to update OneNote.

Ok, I checked and it is updated. So not that.

2.     Run Office online repair to fix if there are corrupted register key value.I did this but still the same behavior. Even though I didn't have to I decided I would reset the application as well. I don't not have anything that I am worrying about losing. Still the same behavior.

3. I signed out of all of my accounts. I had two accounts added to OneNote. My school account and a personal account added as well. I added back the school account only and not going to add the other account. So, I had to signed in again to add my school account, which I've done with no issues. Just  a guess, maybe it's something to do with the Microsoft Exchange server settings and how the sys admin has it configured? I don't know anything about these things but just a guess.

4) Version: Version : 18.2008.12711.0

5) I cannot say for sure about this. I mostly use OneNote. I did open up word and tried to do the same thing and there doesn't seem to be an issue but I can't say for sure. 

6. After all of that. I deleted any other Notebooks, then restarted the PC, when back into OneNote, created a new notebook, then a new section. I noticed that my font color on the menu is set light blue I wanted #75C6FF. so I start typing and the color is: #00518A instead! LOL just like before. It's obviously saving some setting inside of Office or the OS it's self and applying this. I don' even think #00518A is one of the colors on the default color menu but if I'm choosing #75C6FF it shows #00518A instead...very bizarre. I'll just deal with this for now as I spent hours trying to get it fixed. I have no idea why it does this.

thanks for you help! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jx²,

Thanks for your updates with some many details and GIF. Based on that, I make sure I follow the same steps to setup font color as yours. However, I don’t see the same issue. Though admin are able to setup some settings through group policy or Cloud policy(based on account you sign in), however, there could be not settings related to font color in OneNote based on my search. Here are some further suggestion:

1.     Uninstall Office completely with Office uninstall Support tool, install it again and check if this solve the issue, this will tell if the issue related to corrupted Office client. Download the support tool from the link: How to uninstall Office automatically

2.     Create a new user account in Windows 10 and use the account to Sign in Windows, this will tell us if the issue is related to user profile settings: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Additionally, did you use any page templates? (For more information on page templates: Create or customize page templates), if you change default font or default font size, does these works in OneNote?

Regards,

Clark

-----------------------
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jx²,

Welcome to post back if there are any updates.

Regards,

Clark

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 84 Applies to: