How to solve this sharepoint issue or performance issue ?

After the syncing the files from the SharePoint to windows explorer, When open any document from the explorer SharePoint location first things happen after double click on a file is it takes a min to 30 sec to initiate the download of a file and after it downloaded into the system locally it opens and when we save as the file and try to browse the location of a folder on the SharePoint drive, a dialog box opens and says "Connecting to the server for information" and it can take up to 1 min to 3 min and after that only the browse window opens. IT started recently only, previously it wasn't like that. IT happens in the Malaysia side of the SharePoint only, in our primary company Singapore it works smoothly, there is no dialog box open when we save as the file and downloading of the file also instant.

Troubleshoots i have tried:

1. Fully update the windows

2. MS Office 365 also up to date.

3. Windows image also fine no issues there as well.

4. Network speed also good 100 Mbps per system downloading and uploading.

Please help us on this, is there anything else we can do to make the performance better.

|

Dear IT [AGSG-IT]

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. I am happy to help you.

First, check whether there is a slow opening and saving when accessing SharePoint Chinese directly using a browser?

If this doesn't happen on the web side, since SharePoint is synced to your local premises via OneDrive, I want to confirm if this happens to files in OneDrive? This can help me troubleshoot if the OneDrive app is causing this phenomenon.

At the same time, I'm wondering if multiple users in your organization are experiencing this phenomenon?

I look forward to your reply. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Tin | Microsoft Community Moderator

•Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.
•Please let us know if this is helpful and if the solution worked for you, as it can benefit others who are facing the same scenario.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Tin,

First of all thanks for the replying, on the web browser its seems fine, opening and saving the document within the browser is normal, no slowness detected there. Its happened on the locally when we open the files which are synced via the one drive. when open the file with the office desktop app and try to save as the file, from there when we click on the browse button to find the location then its shows the dialog box with the message that "Connecting to the server for information". Yes its with all the user in the organization. This thing really taking time of the user.

Thank You

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 53 Applies to: