How to retrieve my Microsoft Office license key?

I bought Microsoft Office 2019 but lost the installation CDs. My current laptop must be charges all the time. I have bought new laptop. How to retrieve my Microsoft Office license key?

I only can get product key (20 digits). I need 25 digits code for the pre-installed office 365 (free 30 days trial).

Can someone help?

Hello! David Andreas1

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I understand that you need to retrieve your Microsoft Office License key for your Microsoft Office 2019. Allow me to ask:

• What is the version and edition of your Microsoft Office 2019?

• When and where did you purchase the Microsoft Office 2019?

• Have you tried checking the Microsoft Office 2019 in your account? You can sign in here to check https://account.microsoft.com/services 

Yes, I can definitely help you with that. If you have lost your installation CDs but still have the product key, you can retrieve your Microsoft Office license key by following these steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft account website and sign in with the email address and password associated with your Microsoft account.

2. Once you are signed in, click on the "Services & subscriptions" tab.

3. Locate the Microsoft Office product that you want to retrieve the license key for and click on "View product key".

4. Your license key will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to copy it down or take a screenshot of it for future reference.

Regarding the 25-digit code for the pre-installed Office 365, you can find it on the packaging or email receipt that you received when you purchased your new laptop. If you are unable to locate it, you can contact the manufacturer of your laptop for assistance. As they are the ones providing you this and the activation of the Microsoft 365 only happens when you have signed into your account as this will be associated to your account.

I hope I have answered your question

Thank you,

Vince
Microsoft Community Moderator

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello David Andreas1

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Vince

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 7,896 Applies to: