How to make rules in new Outlook on MacBook pro (Rule Are Not Supported For This Account).

I wanted to discuss an issue I'm facing with my email rules after making some changes to my email account configuration.

Initially, when I used my POP account on Outlook, the rules were functioning properly and helping me manage my emails efficiently. However, when I converted my account to IMAP, the rules stopped working altogether. In an attempt to resolve this, I converted my account back to POP, but unfortunately, the rules are still not functioning as they should.

I rely heavily on email rules to organize and prioritize my inbox, so this issue is causing a significant disruption to my workflow. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this matter.

If possible, could you kindly review the settings or provide any guidance to ensure that the email rules are functioning correctly again with my POP account? Any instructions or suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response and assistance.

Hi, I'm Diane and will be happy to help you today. Were you using legacy Outlook when the rules worked? The new Outlook only supports rules in Microsoft Exchange accounts at this time - this would be outlook.com and Microsoft 365 work or School accounts. You'll need to switch back to legacy - Outlook app menu > New Outlook to toggle back. -- Diane Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

Diane Poremsky [M365 Apps & Services MVP]
https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The new Outlook only supports rules in Microsoft Exchange accounts at this time - this would be outlook.com and Microsoft 365 work or School accounts.

Is there any plans to fix this before the "new" becomes the standard?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 508 Applies to: