how to insert a digital signature in a a Word document

Could someone tell me the process to insert or add a digital signature to a Word doc?

Thanks

Hi Patricia I'm Anna and I'd be happy to help you with your question. In this Forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. You can insert a digital signature in a Word document by following these steps: Open the Word document that you want to add a digital signature to. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon. In the "Protect" group, click on the "Sign" button. Select "Add a Digital Signature." A window will appear asking you to select the digital signature that you want to use. If you don't have a digital signature, you can create one by clicking on "New" and following the prompts. Click on "Sign" to insert your digital signature into the document. Note that the above steps are for Microsoft Word version 2010 and newer. If you are using an older version of Word, the process may be slightly different. Also, keep in mind that the ability to add a digital signature to a Word document depends on your organization's security policy, the type of digital certificate you use, and the version of Word you are using. If you are unable to add a digital signature, it may be because your organization does not permit it, or because your version of Word does not support digital signatures. I hope this helps ;-), let me know if this is contrary to what you need, I would still be helpful to answer more of your questions. Best Regards, Anna Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you mean a picture of a signature added digitally, see this video:

Save Signature Image as AutoText in Word - detailed explanation - YouTube

Volunteering to "pay forward" the help I've received in the Microsoft user community.

Charles Kenyon
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
wordfaq[at]addbalance[dot]com

Legal site: https://addbalance.com

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 27,645 Applies to: