How to import live data from Google Sheets into Excel

Background info: I'm using Microsoft 365 on a Mac. I downloaded excel and have been using it normally.

I'm trying to import live data from Google Sheets, so that every time my google sheet gets updated, the excel file will reflect the updated data. When I was looking for a tutorial online, I was able to find a few explaining that I'd have to use Power Query. But for some reason I can't make it work on a Mac. Here are the steps I would take if I were using Windows:

• In Excel, click on the Data tab and select From Web.

• A pop box will appear. Paste the URL from the Google Sheets doc into the box.

• Click OK, and when the data appears, click Load.

From then, if I want the data to update regularly, I can select the query by clicking Data and then clicking the Refresh All dropdown arrow. And then clicking on Connection Properties and choosing how often I want the data to refresh.

But here's my problem: I can't find the From Web option on excel for Mac. When I tried chatting with Support, I was told that on a Mac, I would have to Get Data and then From HTML. But when I do so, I don't get the box to enter the URL. Instead, I get a window that allows me to select documents saved in my computer. When I click on the Online Locations option, it redirects me to the online version of Microsoft 365. I can't find the way to enter the URL for my Google Sheets, so I'm unable to complete my original task.

Any idea how I can make this work on a Mac?

Hello, Thank you for coming to the forum. To Import Data from a URL in MAC I do not believe this is as straightforward as using Windows you will need to try a workaround I saw in another answer to another individual in this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/mac-excel-get-external-data-from-the-web/6ebb331d-f259-451c-af04-4f32e5e39b47 If you want to see the above steps with images, click this link here. It starts with how to do it for Windows, scroll down for the steps on how to achieve this using MAC. Give a reply if this resolves the issue for you: https://www.wikihow.com/Import-Web-Data-Into-Excel-on-PC-or-Mac Note: The link shared above is for a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. Best Regards Fuad

F. Laguda

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2024 Views 26,210 Applies to: